What's new

New track at the B&M plant

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Reviving a long dead topic but didnt want to start a new one for essentially the same thing. Perhaps this should just be renamed a B&M Track Plant topic since it happens a few times a year?

Anyone want to photoshop a literal B&M track potted plant to use in the OP?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
From the White Whale discussion:
Oh man! I am absolutely in love with that color combo on Twisted Cyclone. I can only imagine how gorgeous whatever they're cooking up will look when it's complete!

From the Taiga discussion:
Seems like I'm always saying this about blue coaster track, but that is a lovely shade of blue!

From the Twisted Cyclone discussion:
I really hope they leave the white despite J Rod's report. The blue looks excellent with it.

Apparently I didn't post in the Fenix topic about the lovely blue track, but I DEFINITELY thought it.

And now here...Oooooh that IS a lovely shade of blue! Haha! Motion to paint all coasters lovely blue colors from now on!

This particular shade reminds me of the new Velocity Blue paint color I've been seeing on a lot of Mustangs running around town:

img-710160940-1512598305508.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Odd request guys :) but Myself and ye olde admin CP6 have been putting together a spreadsheet of codes for the B&M rides.

Its fairly well known each B&M track typer has a unique identifier.
For example SC = Sitting Coaster (floorless included) MC = Mega Coaster and WI = Wing Coaster.
This is followed by a dash and a letter which identifies the project.
For example SC-A was Kumba (first sitdown B&M made)
MC-Q is the Happy Valley Beijing Mega Coaster.
DM-I is Draken at Gyeongju World

This can often be seen on stickers on the ends of track pieces as in this piece for LC-I which is Harpy.
Ident1.jpg
Or in handy cases when they write it in massive letters as in these pieces of D6-E which was Valkyria.
Ident2.png

The complete lists of track ident codes are
SC - Sitting/Floorless
MC - Mega Coaster
LC - Flying Coaster
DM - Large Dive Machine
D6 - Smaller Model Dive Machine
IC - One of the first 26 Inverted Coasters
IC2 - Inverted Coaster 27 onwards
FI - Family Inverted Coaster
SU - Stand-up (Assumed at this point)

We have nailed down every Dive Machine code and the Wings are looking quite good. But we have almost nothing on Inverted and Sitdown and Nothing at all on Stand-Up coasters yet. What are the chances anyone has any members have shots of some older coaster track before it went in?

You may ask why we are doing this. Well the main reason is we are nerds and find it interesting :p

But it has thrown up some interesting tidbits. For example Yukon Striker comes before Valravn in the code list suggesting that was agreed first or at least at the same time. (this is the main reason we havent just put all the rides in based on date alone) And there is a missing hyper coaster that presumably never got built. We know MC-J was Intimidator and MC-O was Mako. We dont know which ones K, L, M and N were but only 3 hypers were built in that time Leviathan, Shambhala, and Fury325 so one letter is missing for some reason.

There is also a missing Sitdown Coaster after Hair Raiser and before the one currently at the plant. Hair Raiser was SC-R and the one at the plant (probably Transformers for Universal Beijing) is SC-U. We dont know S and T but only Nitro at Adlabs Imagica was built between those rides so one is missing.

Its a long shot but if anyone has any track pictures that can fill in these gaps I'd be very grateful.
Ident3.JPG

Pear

Strata Poster
I'd assume that SC-B would be Dragon Khan, LC-A would be Air, and IC-A would be Batman at SFGAM.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Odd request guys :) but Myself and ye olde admin CP6 have been putting together a spreadsheet of codes for the B&M rides.

For example SC = Sitting Coaster (floorless included) MC = Mega Coaster and WI = Wing Coaster.

This can often be seen on stickers on the ends of track pieces as in this piece for LC-I which is Harpy.
View attachment 3826
Or in handy cases when they write it in massive letters as in these pieces of D6-E which was Valkyria.
View attachment 3827

SC - Sitting/Floorless
MC - Mega Coaster
LC - Flying Coaster
DM - Large Dive Machine

We have nailed down every Dive Machine code and the Wings are looking quite good. But we have almost nothing on Inverted and Sitdown and Nothing at all on Stand-Up coasters yet. What are the chances anyone has any members have shots of some older coaster track before it went in?

You may ask why we are doing this. Well the main reason is we are nerds and find it interesting :p

But it has thrown up some interesting tidbits. For example Yukon Striker comes before Valravn in the code list suggesting that was agreed first or at least at the same time. (this is the main reason we havent just put all the rides in based on date alone) And there is a missing hyper coaster that presumably never got built. We know MC-J was Intimidator and MC-O was Mako. We dont know which ones K, L, M and N were but only 3 hypers were built in that time Leviathan, Shambhala, and Fury325 so one letter is missing for some reason.

There is also a missing Sitdown Coaster after Hair Raiser and before the one currently at the plant. Hair Raiser was SC-R and the one at the plant (probably Transformers for Universal Beijing) is SC-U. We dont know S and T but only Nitro at Adlabs Imagica was built between those rides so one is missing.

Its a long shot but if anyone has any track pictures that can fill in these gaps I'd be very grateful.
View attachment 3828

You're making nerdiness awesome. Extraordinary insight and dedication to research as always!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

View attachment 3826
View attachment 3827

SC - Sitting/Floorless
MC - Mega Coaster
LC - Flying Coaster
DM - Large Dive Machine

View attachment 3828

God, I love it when you talk dirty.

Reactions: Dar

GigaG

Roller Poster

View attachment 3826
View attachment 3827

SC - Sitting/Floorless
MC - Mega Coaster
LC - Flying Coaster
DM - Large Dive Machine

View attachment 3828

What was Inverted #27 and is there a physical difference between IC and IC2 track?

EDIT... oh because 26 letters of the alphabet. That makes sense.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Managed to add quite a few more to the list now. The Wing Coasters are now complete and we are just missing 2 Mega Coasters with Shambhala and Fury325.

Interestingly there are still 2 Wing Coasters that haven't shown up (K and L) and we have 2 new unknown Mega Coasters (S and T)

I've gone through hundreds of pages of Fury 325 chat. I cant believe no one took a photo of the stickers on the track. There's tons of pictures of the track from various angles even close ups but no one put up a picture of the sticker. :(

Codes.JPG

jpaufsc

Roller Poster
I've been looking into this list more and I happened to find track tags for Batman The Dark Knight at SFNE as L21-012-L2 which suggests it was SC-L. I also found a track part labelled as V15-026-M1 for Talon at Dorney suggesting it is IC-V.

Matt N

CF Legend
Where’s the first gone?
Some people think B&M had something to do with Shockwave because of the track style. To be fair, Giovanola did subcontract Shockwave, but B&M had already split off from Giovanola by the time Shockwave was built.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I've been looking into this list more and I happened to find track tags for Batman The Dark Knight at SFNE as L21-012-L2 which suggests it was SC-L. I also found a track part labelled as V15-026-M1 for Talon at Dorney suggesting it is IC-V.

We actually picked up Talon recently and correct it is IC-V. Found a good picture with the whole sticker on it but I'll be damned if i can find the picture again this evening.
Ive always wondered about the longer codes like those you mentioned. I had the feeling they were less to do with the project number itself and more the position within the ride itself.

jpaufsc

Roller Poster
With the help of someone out at Canada's Wonderland, there is confirmation that Leviathan is coded as MC-K. The Canadian B&M's seem to have manufacturers tags with the serial codes listed.

jpaufsc

Roller Poster
The old list I saw had it missing. I've been keeping a version myself as well, but I'm going on the old version and data I've verified for things that were missing. Is there a current spreadsheet somewhere?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The old list I saw had it missing. I've been keeping a version myself as well, but I'm going on the old version and data I've verified for things that were missing. Is there a current spreadsheet somewhere?
Just a few posts up:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
We saw quite a few trucks with large diameter steel tube heading south on I-71 after we left Kings Island. I'd bet money that they were all headed to Clermont Steel and those will end up getting fabricated into support tubes for either the Kiga or Sea World San Diego's mini dive.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
We should probably rename this the B&M plant discussion thread or something along those lines...

Are there only two B&Ms planned for next year overall? So far there are only two coasters being/have been produced at the plant.

Intricks

Strata Poster
US alone there is KiGa, SWSD mini dive (or is that fpr 2021?) and Candimonium at Hershey.

Isnt there a couple China/European Beemers being made for next year that we just arent fully aware of atm?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk