What's new

New Theme Park In Wales

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Not seen it posted on here (correct if it has) but there's apprently a new theme park scheduled to open for 2018 in Llanelli in south Wales.

Source = http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html

11685846-orig.jpg

Apprently there's 4 Vekoma coasters, and 3 Gertslauer. Credit chasers paradise haha.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Anyone know what happened to this project? I remember being quite excited because I lived in Swansea at the time but I presume the lack of updates means this has been canned?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
It's disappointing nothing came to fruition. While the park itself didn't look particularly exciting it would have been located on the M4 an hour before Oakwood so would have meant lots more UK goons would visit lovely Wales. Oakwood is so far out the way but I think more of us would have made the trip if we could hoover up a +5 or whatever on the way there. Shame.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Haha, I had no idea this would be so frowned upon! I did have a Google but after finding nothing I thought someone on here might have some insight as to why it failed, how far the project got, etc. To me at least that's more interesting than the interminable discussion of when people think theme parks will reopen.

Also given the baseless optimism in threads like Paramount London and Six Flags Saudi Arabia it's important to show that these projects mainly fail and don't get off the ground.

Tbf they did update The London Resort by saying PY Gerbeau recovering from COVID-19 and also at least October is the new planning application submission date.

But back on topic, this new Welsh park I really wanna happen cause it gives Oakwood Theme Park competition. Also, I want something like this in Scotland and give them a major theme park, with Loudoun Castle Theme Park gone and M&D's in administration