What's new

New rides @ small parks

We have confirmation off GYPB! It's the travelling Airmax that's being around Britain recently!

More major than I expected, not worth the long trip for me but I do love those rides. Would make a quick stop worthwhile if I return for New Rattlesnake at PWH (+ need the Family Star cred as was shut when I went)
Is it perminent or is it a one season thing?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In somewhat surprise news Tokyo Dome City in Japan will open what appears to be a new Gerstlauer Family Shuttle Coaster on the 23rd of March. The ride called Panic Coaster Back Daaan is completely enclosed with some special effects thrown in.
Panic2.JPG Panic1.JPG img_1_m.jpg

A second attraction called Gan Gun Battlers which appears to be a shooting motion theater of some kind is also opening on the same day.

Announcement from park (in Japanese and for some reason in PDF) - https://www.tokyo-dome.co.jp/release/2018/20181120_attractions.pdf

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Access to the maintenance bay out the back, or a strict "keeps you arms down" policy?

Matt N

CF Legend
It would seem that Oakwood is installing a Zamperla Disk'O named Dizzy Disk for 2019 in place of the Clown Coaster that was removed last season.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
SO update on this... Its not a Maurer Spike...
Maurer bid for this project and spent a lot of work on it. However the bid went to Golden Horse. So this will be a Golden Horse Spike Coaster.... did not see that coming.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Haha, it IS very squeaky. That's excellent. :p

Looks worse than the Maurer ones, which... which is saying something! :D

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
So Maurer designed the layout, but Golden Horse built it? That's one odd mashup!
No Golden Horse did it all. There's no way Maurer would design the coaster and let GH build it.

Vekoma did kind of design half of Golden Horse's layouts though and Golden Horse have copied Maurer before with their spinning coasters. Granted none of them were as blatant or done as quickly as this but point still stands.

Pear

Strata Poster
Vekoma did kind of design half of Golden Horse's layouts though and Golden Horse have copied Maurer before with their spinning coasters. Granted none of them were as blatant or done as quickly as this but point still stands.
This is an entirely custom layout as compared to SLC or spinner clones.