What's new

New restraints for Skyrush, Storm Runner & Fahrenheit

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Saw on Reddit that Skyrush has new restraints. To me they look like they've just repainted the existing ones, but someone who knows a bit more about Skyrush might be able to spot some differences?

Images stolen from this link: http://imgur.com/a/scjIC

OUQa7Ao.jpg

t0qFyHM.jpg

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ALThrills/status/719242424032313344[/tweet]

Not much of a news story, but there... :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
Re: New [coloured] restraints for Skyrush?

Does that mean the restraints won't suck?

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Looks to be the exact same restraint design, with just a darker blue. I really liked the Sky Blue colour but the seats were looking a little tatty at the end of last year so I'm all for a spruce up.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Darker blue also helps hide sweat and dirt build-up over time. ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Do we know the official name for this colour?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

I'm hoping for bedazzling blue or maybe with the nature of the ride, narcotic navy.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Snoo said:
Does that mean the restraints won't suck?
The restraints don't suck. People say they do, but the problem isn't with the restraints, the problem is that they're a wuss. Or should I say, Skywuss. ;)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I'm saying Skyrush Sapphire. Awesome adjective and amazing alliteration. ;)

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Jarrett said:
The restraints don't suck. People say they do, but the problem isn't with the restraints, the problem is that they're a wuss. Or should I say, Skywuss. ;)
Intamin OTSR restraints can have a tendency to staple throughout the course of the ride, thanks in part to the high g-forces. And since floorless is an option with Skyrush, stapling can be all the more as there is not hard surface to push back off of.

Skyrush is my #4 specifically because of restraint comfort (or lack there of).

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I'm with Jarrett. I've never had a problem with the restraints. It may be because I'm a scrawny white kid, but still helped it become my #1 steel.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

QueenOfSkyrush

Roller Poster

They are all brand new seats and restraints. Supposedly, they changed the colour to give the ride a "cleaner" look and will show dirt less. Personally, I like the lighter blue better. This will take some getting used to.

And Jarrett is right, the restraints never sucked. I rode Skyrush in 2012 with the orginal plastic restraints. Still didn't bother me. I could sit on Skyrush all day...Oh wait, I DO do that! :wink:

Hutch

Strata Poster

Yeah the restraints didn't bother me either. I mean it is somewhat painful at some places but they're very brief and you just have to suck it up. :p I think I like the new color though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I've only paid attention to the topic title, but this seems very wrong to me.

I thought segregation in the USA was outlawed in 1964 with the Civil Rights Act? What would Rosa Parks think if she was to ride this coaster today?

I blame Donald Trump.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

gavin said:
I've only paid attention to the topic title, but this seems very wrong to me.

I thought segregation in the USA was outlawed in 1964 with the Civil Rights Act? What would Rosa Parks think if she was to ride this coaster today?

I blame Donald Trump.
I didn't even realise it could be read that way. **** you. <3

:lol:

KingOfI305

Roller Poster

QueenOfSkyrush said:
They are all brand new seats and restraints. Supposedly, they changed the colour to give the ride a "cleaner" look and will show dirt less. Personally, I like the lighter blue better. This will take some getting used to.

And Jarrett is right, the restraints never sucked. I rode Skyrush in 2012 with the orginal plastic restraints. Still didn't bother me. I could sit on Skyrush all day...Oh wait, I DO do that! :wink:

the restraints seem to be softer too.

I would know - today I've ridden the ride 1,200 times since it opened. Can't wait to hit 2,000 first.

Lofty

CF Legend

Oh that's really interesting. I wonder if they did actually change the restrain cushioning material or whether in fact that's just a perception as they're 'new'.

That's a lot of time - congratulations. When will you hit 2000 do you think?

Lofty

CF Legend

Oh that's really interesting. I wonder if they did actually change the restrain cushioning material or whether in fact that's just a perception as they're 'new'.

That's a lot of time - congratulations. When will you hit 2000 do you think?

KingOfI305

Roller Poster
Hersheypark Update

Just got home from the park - I can confirm that Storm Runner AND Fahrenheit have new restraints. Storm Runner may have new seating too - it's what they call "Stadium Seating", where the back row of the car sits higher than the front row. I distinctly don't remember Storm Runner having that feature, but it does now.

The restraints are vests - like what they have on I305. It makes Storm Runner SOO much more comfortable to ride and experience.

Someone may have already mentioned it - but I saw it today and didn't see any new threads related to it, figured I'd start one.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Storm Runner has always had raised back row seats, but nice to hear that they've updated the restraints. We don't really need a separate topic for that as it can be discussed here along with Skyrush's.