What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I should mention for anyone planning a visit, only half of the rides are currently open, including 3 of the 5 coasters. The rest of the rides are still testing. Neither of the Intamin coasters are open yet.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here is a nice overview of the park by Attractions Magazine:-

*To correct my previous post, only two coasters are currently open, not three. Shredder is not open yet.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
They have well and truly taken the theme out of theme park...
I'm sure that they will add theming to Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey later on, or at the bare minimum, foliage; right now, I'm sure that American Dream focused on just getting the rides built and ready rather than adding theming. On the other hand, Nickelodeon Universe Minnesota appears to be surprisingly lush and green for an indoor park.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm sure that they will add theming to Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey later on, or at the bare minimum, foliage; right now, I'm sure that American Dream focused on just getting the rides built and ready rather than adding theming. On the other hand, Nickelodeon Universe Minnesota appears to be surprisingly lush and green for an indoor park.
This has a decent amount of foliage too... did you watch the overview video I posted earlier?

I agree though, in that I hope they add theming once they have got the park fully open and functional.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
This has a decent amount of foliage too... did you watch the overview video I posted earlier?

I agree though, in that I hope they add theming once they have got the park fully open and functional.
I have; however, watching this video (albeit from 2012) should give you an idea of how lush Nickelodeon Universe in Minnesota is:

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Anyone have a POV of Nickelodeon Slime Streak that they're hiding?

Looks like a nice family coaster and Shellraiser looks super imposing indoors.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Anyone have a POV of Nickelodeon Slime Streak that they're hiding?

Looks like a nice family coaster and Shellraiser looks super imposing indoors.
No, but I found a better POV of Shellraiser:-

Video by David's Adventure.

Does the park have a Website that isn't the American Dream site? I want to see what their ride selection is and which rides are currently open and testing.

Last edited:

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I'm very excited this is finally open! I'll probably wait until after the New Year to go to allow them to get more of the rides up and running.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I reckon the spinner and half pipe will open in the next couple of weeks, since they have been testing and I believe they will soon be granted their operating permit. SBB will probably be a couple of months off opening due to the fact it has only recently done it's clearance tests.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
As soon as word is in that all the coasters are opening I will definitely be going down first week possible. Really excited for it!

Edward M

Strata Poster
A little update on my part. Once I found out all the rides weren't open, I decided to postpone until they are. No point in paying $50 just to have to go back again for all dem credz! Also, once they do all open up, any CFers heading down let me know. I'm only an hour away, and I'd love to meet up!

A little update on my part. Once I found out all the rides weren't open, I decided to postpone until they are. No point in paying $50 just to have to go back again for all dem credz! Also, once they do all open up, any CFers heading down let me know. I'm only an hour away, and I'd love to meet up!
I'm only in America for another week, but was planning on going on the 4th November. I'm not sure if everything will be open then (probably not) butt I think it's worth a trip whilst I'm this side of the Atlantic. Happy to meet up with any CFers too.

Niles

Giga Poster
Hopefully all goes well and I will be here tomorrow, shame not all the coasters are open but as I am from the uk here on holiday I won’t get a chance to go anytime in the near future.