What's new

Nagashima Spa Land | Hakugei | RMC I-Box Conversion of White Cyclone

Matt N

CF Legend
According to RCDB, White Cyclone was Asia’s longest wooden coaster when it operated, at 5,577.4ft in length. That record is now held by T Express, at 5,383.8ft. Should we expect the RMC hybrid to be shorter or longer than the present White Cyclone, as most of them are shorter than their wooden predecessors, but Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance are longer than their wooden predecessors?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
According to RCDB, White Cyclone was Asia’s longest wooden coaster when it operated, at 5,577.4ft in length. That record is now held by T Express, at 5,383.8ft. Should we expect the RMC hybrid to be shorter or longer than the present White Cyclone, as most of them are shorter than their wooden predecessors, but Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance are longer than their wooden predecessors?

I think what Crazycoaster meant to say was "who knows" ;)
Considering the original layout was essentially lots of huge speed-killing curves, I imagine this could be a little smaller but punchier.
We'll just have to wait until more details are released though!

Pear

Strata Poster
I hope it's just maintenance as well. It would be sad to see the end of another looping star.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I wouldn't be surprised to see it go. When I was there back in April it was down the whole day. They were working on it for ages and finally got it running about an hour before the park closed. It was running well, admittedly, still very smooth.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Eh, Nagashima, can you PLEASE stop taking down creds? Thanks! You know, I was trying to visit the park next summer...

It's as if Amanda's spirit had taken over the park! #bulldozeeverything

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh! Um... interesting. If it's whale themed, then we could see some nice water effects! Maybe even some audio and light effects and an underwater effect in the station, sort of like these ones on Mako at SeaWorld Orlando: (Skip to 1:28 in the first video)

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
There goes the helices

7110b83342149a9a0705b97a8ce6cf32.png

245ffdd055d1e445f73a64426ff52e53.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I was kind of hoping however unlikely it was that RMC would take the 2 massive helixes and dip one side to the ground making what would be essentially 2 giant inclined loops.
Something like this but mostly inverted at the top and obviously not rough as a badgers arse.

SOB.jpg

But clearly that was just a dream :)

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh brilliant! I love me some good blue track on a coaster! Looks a similar shade to Twisted Colossus and Twisted Cyclone, which fits with the whale theme they're pushing in their marketing.

Also, I wonder if the supports will stay white? I don't know about any of you, but I reckon that shade of blue would really pop against some grey supports!

I'm really excited for the ride itself as well, because White Cyclone was a fairly large ride, and it looks to have quite a lot of potential as an RMC. Maybe we could see Steel Vengeance's Asian cousin? I personally reckon that this could quite potentially be the best new ride of 2019, dependant on what else is announced.

Last edited: