What's new

My first ride on Steel Vengeance?

Ami

Roller Poster
Next month my friend and I are taking a trip to Cedar Point, and the last time I visited was before I moved out of state, it’s been a few years. I want so badly to experience SV when we go, but I worry I’ll hate it, or worse chicken out. I strongly prefer floater air to ejector, and knowing how much people hype up how much airtime it has, and saying it’s the most aggressive and relentless ride they’ve been on has me doubting myself because in most respects aside from knowing it’ll be nice and buttery smooth, SV is exactly the opposite of what I look for in a ride, and honestly I am most looking forward to getting on Gatekeeper out of the lineup of coasters I missed out on when I moved. I know this sounds crazy for someone to say, but I guess I just came here to get honest opinions from people, not just all glowing reviews from people who have different preferences than I have. Maybe encouragement to try something new? I have so many mixed feelings floating around. It looks so incredible, but is it really going to be incredible for me?

Alex B

Mega Poster
First up let me say steel vengeance is not the most aggressive with its airtime it’s smooth and strong like a really strong intamin but not nearly as intense as an intamin I think your describing it like el toro which has intense airtime which steel vengeance doesn’t have the strongest airtime but the drop is garbage and super underwhelming I expected more from it and I will say the ride as a whole is overrated but not super overrated if you have the same expectations as ppl describe it you’ll be disappointed.with that being said it’s an awesome ride with no downside I would def give it a try

Hutch

Strata Poster
Have you done any other coasters that focus on intense or relentless airtime? That might give you an idea of what to expect.

Vengeance's airtime is relentless and intense but each individual airtime moment isn't the strongest out there. Something like Skyrush or Storm Chaser have much more forceful moments. As a whole, Vengeance is aggressive. All the airtime moments come together to make a wild package. It does through you around in unexpected ways, but I never found the ride uncomfortable or painful at all.

You say you've done the park in the past, but what about Magnum, have you done that? That has pretty crazy but uncomfortable airtime. Vengeance's is much better.

Ami

Roller Poster
Something like Skyrush or Storm Chaser have much more forceful moments.

You say you've done the park in the past, but what about Magnum, have you done that? That has pretty crazy but uncomfortable airtime. Vengeance's is much better.
Im not the hugest fan of either Skyrush or Magnum, but at least the tight restraints on Skyrush don’t make me feel not secure enough the way Mangum does, those restraints are L O O S E and I’m very petite, so if I get ejector, I’m getting yeeted across the peninsula ? I don’t mind being stapled a bit if I know I’m gonna have my butt off the seat a lot

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I am all for "just go for it" its the only way to ever truly know/conquer doubt. More ya think, worse it is. Just do it. My brother would never touch a coaster. After much begging his gf got him to go to Hersheypark and since he paid and all said "well Im gunna do this all" his FIRST coaster was Skyrush lol
The next park they went to was CP and he went right for SV. He was so sure that he would be ill/hate em and look. So ya never know till ya do it!

But sure, understand it is intense. Every person's experience is different. In all of mine SV has nearly all ejector air, (though some looong strong floater moments too) and it is one of the most intense ride I've been on. It is alot of strong ejector air, throws ya around, lots of elements. Some do feel its uncomfortable or too much. However it is smooth. Its intense but its not rough at all, and its not intense like I305 with greying out and feeling like you are going through astronaut training.
Honestly all we can share is our experiences, just go for it.

Gazza

Giga Poster
The airtime does definitely hammer a bit towards the end on all those little hills, because you are switching so fast between positive and ejector.
The bigger hills are like the more intense intamin ones, but the RMC lapbars make it more comfortable.