What's new

My First (And Last) Kings Island Halloween Haunt

TLARides

Hyper Poster
It's story time! And a particularly embarrassing one (for me)...

I have for a very long time, avoided going to any haunted house, scare park, or HAUNT.

Until today.

I had been asked by my friend a few weeks before 10/30 if I wanted to go to Halloween Haunt with him and four other people.

I should've said no.

But instead, I decided to go because I was tired of being scared.

"Sure, why not?" I said.

Well, I met my friends at the drop off zone at around 3 in the afternoon and we walked in. The scary stuff didn't start til' 6:00, so we rode The Beast and Firehawk.

Then came 6:00...

We went to the stage in front of the Eiffel Tower in time to watch the frightened clown ring the bell and fire off some very loud bangs (I don't know the actual term for them).

Our first stop: Killmart.

Which I stepped out of.

I just wasn't ready for the big scares yet. I wanted to stick to the small scare zones and get a feel for the scares there.

After that, we argued on riding Diamondback or going to Urgent Scare. We, I mean they, chose Urgent Scare.

Which I also sat out on to eat my dinner (which came without a drink because apparently if you buy a $5 pretzel with a $20 bill, it leaves you with $14).

Just so I could get at least one ride in, I got in line for Mystic Timbers with one of the other friends I came with. He scared me in line, in which I slammed my hand on a wooden post and gave myself a splinter.

We got out of line because we realized that the line was a lot longer than we originally thought. It was 8:00 when we got out.

So this is where the embarrassing part begins.

I said that I wanted to go through a small scare zone, the closest of which was the one in Planet Snoopy.

I was thinking "This will be fun. Not scary."

That is, until I walked by "Jack" and got the living crap scared out of me, which made me run back to a fence.

My friends had been pressuring me to do all the things they were and they knew I would say no. So they pressured me to walk through, which I then said "No. I don't want to keep being pressured to do things I don't want to do, and if you keep doing so, I'll just leave early."

So I did.

My plan was to walk through Coney Mall, past the Dodgems, past the Tower, and to the gate.

Well, that didn't work because a guy scared me after I told one guy not to, which made me have a mad dash to the Reds Grill where I freaked out.

In the end, a security gaurd helped me buy a No Boo necklace because I only had $1 left.

Some photos and videos I took:
c6d7120f42dee327062853ba469bee8d.jpg
529c6e2452807ec564d053cd96d583ae.jpg
f47d6ee32c00af85bdc498cb12b012c3.jpg
a1edcaedd227131390b11bc2286a2565.jpg
454ba6915717fb8e434d0300af60e85a.jpg
3ba0e110561f5c393bd84bf2ef45337c.jpg
a169b5fea2592c065abfa2a0ef3df529.jpg
076ad5cfbe5f408985fdded5cc8c16d4.jpg
7a41176e8003e21a6096beb0b6848eb8.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Will

Strata Poster
For some people, I think scare attractions are in acquired taste - I blame being taken on Alton's haunted house aged 4 for the fact that I avoided that sort of thing like the plague for a long time.
I was 21 before I was (literally) dragged through a horror maze at Thorpe and would have been first in line for a 'no boo' necklace (if we had such things) - yet somewhere between then and now, I've become a big fan. I don't really know what to recommend, other than go through with the right people (I first did TotT in 2011 with my two best CF friends), pack a sense of humour and remember that the only things that can hurt are other guests or accidentally meeting a scare actor who knows you from the enthusiast community.
After that, Halloween will fast become your favourite part of the theme park season; but you'll just have to trust me on that one.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Last year, Eden Musse, I kept my eyes closed most of the time, and this one person was right in front of me, and we stopped. I was like, "Why did we stop?" Then I opened my eyes, and this girl says "I'm Why!" It was pretty scary, but I still liked it.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Last year, Eden Musse, I kept my eyes closed most of the time, and this one person was right in front of me, and we stopped. I was like, "Why did we stop?" Then I opened my eyes, and this girl says "I'm Why!" It was pretty scary, but I still liked it.
That's actually pretty funny.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk