What's new

Music Recommendations

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Everyone who likes R&B/soul should have listened to Erykah Badu, saw her at a festival recently after being a big fan a while and she was incredible.
Ctrl by SZA
and A Seat at the Table by Solange
are two of my favourite albums at the moment.
Also loving Lapsley:
And Sufjan Stevens on the acoustic side of things:
For rap fans, Telefone by Noname is fab and pretty different to typical current stuff from the genre.
Also can't beat a bit of 90s Hip-Hop IMO:
Probably gone on a bit, got too many favourites to list!

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
Lately I've been listening to this multi-instrumentalist (mainly guitarist) singer-songwriter from Ireland, Rory Gallagher. He was in a band called Taste, but had more of a successful career as a "solo artist". He's a very technical guitar player known for tapping, slide guitar, "pulling" the strings, & fretting the strings on the headstock. His guitar has a recognizable tone in his recorded songs. He's also a great singer-songwriter, his lyrics are moving. He died from diseased liver in 1995 probably due to alcohal, but his songs still live on. He influenced Slash & Jimi Hendrix.

Some songs of his:

A Million Miles Away
Bad Penny
Philby
I Fall Apart
Bought And Sold
Tattoo'd Lady
Lonesome Highway
For The Last Time

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The two I've been getting into are Childish Gambino and Gorillaz. Both are incredible, and have had some amazing releases recently. I'll be seeing Gorillaz live in October, super pumped for that.

Also, ABBA. Love em to bits. <3

Will

Strata Poster
I just found out that Redemption have a new album out :)
Whilst I want the old singer back, to be honest, I did enjoy this track...

jayjay

Giga Poster
Few years old but I've been jamming to this a lot lately. John Grant is like if Father John Misty was more fun and loveable.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Not quite a new song recommendation, and I'm sure many of you have seen this by now, but holy ****. This is actually astoundingly good.

Will

Strata Poster
For those who like cheesy power metal with added Christmas - this is amazing :D

(The rest of the album follows the full story, possibly the best adaptation not to feature a frog)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I do enjoy a bit of cheesy power metal... and Majestica for that matter

Haha I was listening to this last night! Reminds me of Twilight Force. Who are also great.

Cheesy power metal is the best thing in the world. My favourites are: Gloryhammer, Symphony X, Luca Turillis Rhapsody and his solo stuff, Avantasia, Blind Guardian, early Hammerfall, Dragonforce with the newer vocalist, Symphonity, Power Wolf...I'll stop there ?

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Orden Ogan are another fantastic Power Metal band worth checking out! The two singles they've released this year have been phenomenal!

Ooh, will do! Thanks for the recommendation :)

Back on the subject of Christmas Metal, Raised By Owls just released a death metal cover of Feed The World featuring loads of guest vocalists like the dude from Party Canon and Embodiment. It's hilarious!