What's new

Music Recommendations

Sandman

Giga Poster
@Sandman Ah! Boards of Canada has always been one of my favorites. Somehow I came across Geogaddi around 2004 and was like, whoa. This is something special and awesome.

Each album reminds me of a time and a place. The music also makes me think about lots of interesting things, especially when I just chill out with my headphones on; which is great.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Anybody into their heavier British rock should check out The Amazing Snakeheads. Sometimes very raw, always slightly OTT, topped off with constant heavy bass and gritty riffs. I think they split up last year, but their music is still interesting.

Mack

Mega Poster
I think no one should go without the current American push for post-EDM to deathstep/metalstep/trapcore. :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Loving this from uncle Noel. Very bouncy and happy, some great wooo-ooo-oooooo's to sing along to.
Would make a great backing track for a CoasterForce Live video ;)

Will

Strata Poster
A couple of songs I'm enjoying at the moment, as I can't remember the last time I posted in here...

And thanks to Sue, one that seems relevant here...

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I think I liked the Aimee Mann album from this year but I've only listened once so far. Don't think I've heard any of her other stuff yet.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
All these years, and I can't believe I'd never watched the video to this track until today.
Three words: Christopher. Walken. Dancing.
That's all you need to know.

I seriously think this could rival 'Thriller' as the best pop video of all time.

mouse

Giga Poster
Bit late to the party but my favourite album at the moment is Kate Tempest's 'Let Them Eat Chaos'. It is a hip hop/poetry/spoken word album exploring the stories of 7 people from a London block of flats, who all happen to be awake at 4:18 in the morning. Such an incredible album of strong storytelling mixed with political activism and powerful messages. Listened to the album the whole way through without doing anything else; felt like I had watched a really amazing film at the end of it. The production is also very good, and Tempest's delivery and flow is impeccable. Her live performances are particularly incredible, she really is a force of nature.

I'm enjoying 4:44, the new Jay Z album, although I'm finding it a bit hit and miss. Childish Gambino's 'Awaken My Love' is excellent, also enjoying 'Migration' by Bonobo. Favourite pop album of the year is definitely Lorde's Melodrama. The production/vocal relationship is seamless, the songs are great, production is great, and Lorde's vocals and lyrics are incredible.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Personally, there's something about this song that really unsettles me. By the way, this album is great, and you should all go listen to/buy it.

MGMT, I will accept your offer of tea and breakfast.

jayjay

Giga Poster
So that Janelle Monáe has another album out and it's full of bops! Sexy bops, feminine bops, even political bops and I love it.
Sorry, when I said album, I meant album + album length music video...

Pear

Strata Poster
Arctic Monkeys released their new album and I actually like it. It's gotten a lot of mixed reviews since it is quite weird and conceptual, but overall I found it pretty good and relaxing to listen to.

James F

Hyper Poster
If any of you like ska/punk I would recommend Mad Caddies, especially the album duck and cover, great band, fun music which doesn't take itself too seriously.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk