What's new

Movie Park Ger|Star Trek Operation Enterprise|Mack Launched

Lofty

CF Legend
Since this is so slow, maybe I should lower my expectations for Icon, since that goes even slower.
It's not all about the speed, though... It's about how it gives a sense of greater speed. This has an incredibly slow triple launch, in fact, calling it a launch is absolutely laughable - Icon has a singular forwards launch in quite a compact area, which will give greater sense of speed and a great acceleration.

Not to mention that Icon has a hell of a lot of near-misses, OBA with a fast-paced track, a lot snappier transitions and then the second launch. So yeah, safe to say, on paper, it's the better coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A High-quality front (nose)/back row POV, all credit goes to Mov(e)motions:-

Just a question, in the station, what are those white things on the track that look like a 4 for? (Seen right before the train dispatches the station at the start of the video).

Temleh

Mega Poster
They make sure the magnets on the cars are aligned correctly. If a magnet is out of place, it'll hit the sensor and trigger an e-stop.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^I was thinking it was something similar to that. It's definitely not for the garage door, because they're on helix and the other Mack launch coasters too.

megasonic

Roller Poster
There is this onride with a fixed cam now and it seems that Star Trek doesn't run as smoothly as you would expect from Mack... did someone already ride? How is it really?

balrog

Mega Poster
Just look at how the front of the train is moving with regard to the cam, those vibrations do not correspond to train vibrations.

Pear

Strata Poster
Well since this thread resurfaced I might as well put my thoughts about the ride here.
This ride was one of the most boring things I have ever experienced. The launches were weak there was barely any airtime and the only moment I found legitimately fun and good was the reverse spike in the back seat. If they launched it faster it would be a much better ride but I guess it costs the park extra money to do that and god forbid they go the extra mile. It fits in with the rest of Movie Park Germany though with its unbridled mediocrity.

Also Movie Park Germany is horrible and I will probably never go back.

Last edited: