Most Scared You've Ever Been

A

Anonymous

definitely first el toro ride.

it was my 5th roller coaster!

i was in back row too.

A

Anonymous

Way back when I was 10 (2000) my family took a vacation to the Jersey Shore. When we were in Ocean City my parents forced me on a sling shot. I was not into coasters then so I was scared. As I was launched 200 ft in the air & upside down something clicked & the fear went away. The next day I was proud of my self for riding the SLC at Wildwood I referred to it as the red one at Wildwood with the loops :lol: Then as the year went on I started getting more into theme parks & coasters. I began studying them & wanted to ride as many as I can. In 2002 I got a season pass to GADV & broke my fear on Nitro. Also that year I went to Cedar Point for the first time & rode Millennium Force & fell in love with that ride. Thanks to mom & dad forcing me on a sling shot I have been hooked & a very obsessed coaster enthusiast & since then I have visited 67 different amusement parks & have ridden 292 different coasters :--D

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Roody Poo said:
The thing that scared me the most on a coaster was when I was on Skyliner at Lakemont Park. When it hit the second hill my lap bar flew up. I actualy went on it again because the coaster was alright. Also the first time I went on Kingda Ka was pretty scary.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Aww, I just pictured you like flying off the coaster to your death :( . I'd never go on that again though, ew, if my restraint ever went up on a coaster I think I'd be off coasters for life.

You showed a lot of guts going back on a ride after the lap bar flew up. I would have to re-think my coaster hobby for a few minutes after that. On the subject of ride problems, I need to tell you about my ride on Thunderhawk at Dorney. As I was on it I swear that I saw pieces of metal and wood flying off. At the very least it made me re-think that coaster; it wasn't that fun anyway.
Back to Top Thrill and Kingda Ka. For me those were over before I was really going to worry.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Since actually becoming an enthusiast only one ride has actually got me nervous before riding...

Top Thrill Dragster...

It really does the intimidation much better than the ones without the supports going to the top, and the noise of pre-launch and the launch itself is pretty epic... As we got nearer and nearer the station I was actually getting fidgety, either out of 'omg it's TTD' or 'bloody hell that's actually massive'...

The build-up was possibly the second best part of the ride itself...

Ben

CF Legend
There's some things that really, really, REALLY don't need to be shared with the World...

A

Anonymous

Well most coasters I have been on I was never really scared. But my brother went on Cyclone and kept biting his lips [by accident], came like 6 inches out of his seat, hurt his back, everything.