What's new

Most Scared You've Ever Been

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Oh I forgot...Demon Drop had me sh*tting myself. Sumfin' about it. Looks like a torture devise. Felt like one too.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Recently, Theres only been one time that I was actually scared on a ride. It was on Rock N' Roller Coaster at Disneyland Paris, I was the only person on the train.. and literally just before it launched, there was an extremely loud bang. Then the train launched.

Was quite funny seeing the picture tho.. Just me in the front screaming 'Sh************t' after hearing the bang :p..

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
Probably my first time on Oblivion in 2000 at AT. When the ride ops realized someone had taken their bag on the ride and decided to stop the car half way up so they could take the guy off. Second time was just before the drop, I realized my otsr was loose, and quickly locked it. :shock:

Gazza

Giga Poster
My two biggest "Oh ****" moments both occured at SFMM.

The first was the moment before I tipped over the top of the lift on X,.

The second was when I came around the turn on Tatsu, and could see the track just dropping straight down into the pretzel.

Honourable mention goes to my first ride on Space Probe at (the now defunct) Wonderland in Sydney. It was my first drop tower, but in the end I thought it was awesome.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
It must have been in Phantasialand in April this year. We were on Winja's Fear and after the ride broke down for a couple of minutes while we were waiting. We got on and were almost at the end of the ride where the track suddenly tilts. Before the track would tilt, our car stopped and the next car was coming closer at full speed. The car behind dus stopped pretty fast and working-lights went on. A operator said through a microphone we had to wait a while because there was a defunct on the ride that would be fixed pretty soon.

A couple of minutes later, we saw an operator walking underneath our car and came back with some electric wires in his hand. We never did Winja's Fear before and didn't know what was about to happen and friends who were there with me did start to get scared because the defunct took so long. Than suddenly, without being announced that the defunct of the ride was over, the track tilted and we went down the last hill at full speed.

I can tell you, we did scream out so loud they must have heard it on Black Mamba. The guy in the car behind was laughing before with my friends being in panic, but when the track suddenly tilted, his face became so serious and worried. When we got of the ride we passed him in Wuze Town and he said he really thought we were crashing down to the ground...

The other time was my first ride on Turbine in Walibi Belgium, 7 years ago. In Belgium, this ride is pretty much known as the ride that got stuck upside down for an hour and a half. I remember us standing in the very claustrophobic corridor before you get into the station. Pumping technobeats made the walls move and than you hear this loud noise from the train being launched. Walls and floor were shaking and we heard people screaming so loud...three of us just went straight to the exit, because they were so scared. I did like the ride but everytime I get out the ride I think...thank god we didn't get stuck in this huge looping!

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Hmmmm Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter that was at WDW? Now Stitch's Great Escape, which is pants compared to Alien Encounter.

It's just that everything was done so perfectly, so realistically, so Disney, but in a horror/thrill ride.

Yep, the most scariest ride experience I've ever had...

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
The most scared i have been on a ride was when I first went on detonator at thorpe park because i could only just reach 1.3 and then i couldnt hear the 5...4...3...2...1..drop and i nearlly peed myself. My dad sed my face was unbelivable but i went on it again and liked it

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I was really scared to ride Xcelerator and Supreme Scream for my first time.

For Xcelerator, I had to wait in a 30 minute long line watching each train blast out of the station at 82 mph, and then be about 5 minutes away from getting on...and then the ride broke down. Had to wait in the station to see if it would open for about 20 minutes, then eventually left. I finally got on it later that night though. Would have been so much better if I could have just gotten it out of the way...

Then for Supreme Scream I was just scared because it was my first 'real' drop tower. I ended up really enjoying it, rode it 10 more times that day, and now I'm obsessed with drop towers...I like them more than most coasters.

CMonster

Giga Poster
First ride on Manta, which was my first flyer ever. In the station, when I had just sat in the seat, everything was fine. When it tipped into flying position, however, I realized just how I was going to ride this ride (even though I obviously knew it was a flyer). And then the lift hill, with just a perfect view straight down to the pavement.

A

Anonymous

Power Tower at Cedar Point and Fahrenheit at Hershey. I absolutely hate drop towers but I kept getting roped into doing them on my trip this summer and I figured I would only be there once in the next few years at least so I might as well do it. We were doing the turbo drop side and I was so terrified I was practically crying. The drop didn't scare me though, it's the anticipation that kills me. On shot and drop ones I'm fine.

On Fahrenheit the drop just looked really intimidating and I was really nervous to ride but as soon as we got on and dropped I didn't find it scary, just super fun and intense!

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
Dragster scared me so much I didn't ride it until 2005 (even though I visited CP each year since 2002)

Intamin rides generally put me on edge, because of they're safety record.

But the most scared I've ever been on a coaster was probably either Scandia Screamer or Deja Vu (SFGAm) because the same thing happened on both; my restraint opened a click during the ride cycle, which was quite frightening.

Ben

CF Legend
I will add X2, holy crap, and Insanity at the top of the Stratosphere. The other two didn't bother me so much, but Insanity was holy freaking terrifying.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I have yet to try anything that I was actually scared of (as my time on the SCAD tower prove), even though the Stratosphere rides are absolutely thrilling. I just find stuff like that exciting, rather than scary. I think the only rides that stand a chance are Blue Fall, Giant Drop (DreamWorld) or perhaps Hurakan Condor, but I think I'm going to have to try sky diving to actually get that scared feeling.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
My first time on Colossus at Thorpe Park, my friend literally forced me on and when I saw it was a 0 min queue I was *so immensely scared* but now its my fav ride so it turned out all right! :roll:

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Paris) was very scary for me when I first rode it at 9 years old. The lights and sound effects building up tension for the launch really made me frightened. I'm pleased I rode it though as it became my favourite coaster back then. It's just a shame it's not as fast now. It's also a shame that some, if not all of the smoke machines don't work now (they are a vital part of the experience).

I'm a little ashamed to say I'm still terrified of drop towers. I haven't ridden a proper one yet, but I have ridden Mystery Castle at Phantasialand. Do outside drop towers give a similar feeling to this? I'd really like to conquer my fear!

I'm a little ashamed to say I'm still terrified of drop towers.

Ha, don't worry, as some here can attest to, I am still very terrified of drop towers as well. The whole climbing to the top and waiting is horrible. </3