What's new

Most Scared You've Ever Been

Simple question really.

Which coaster, or ride, caused you to be more scared than any other?

Mine would have to be my first ride on Dragster, but then again, when I was younger I chickened out on like, Xflight (but I rode it later on so I didn't feel as bad) and some other random rides. But yeah, I'd say Dragster, and then probably one of my first goes on Power Tower because I hadn't been on a drop tower in like, six or seven years at that poitn so I was crappin myself.

A

Anonymous

The scariest moment I have experienced on a ride was during one ride on Titan at Space World in the crazy section after the MCBR, when it felt like I was going to fall out of the car, it had my pulse and adrenaline going insane for a while.

That's the only time a ride have really gotten to me in such a way.

Dave

CF Legend
Going towards the drop before the second section of The Ultimate, no idea what was going to happen...

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I can't say I've ever been scared before going on a ride but I have been nervous like the first time I went on the Giant Drop at Dreamworld which was very good:)

Also the Super Booster on Brighton Pier - a great ride too but the build up to the point where you're dropped made me nervous.

thx

Mega Poster
I think it would be Collossos, at Heide in 2004.
I was just 'becoming an enthusiast', I had been on Balder a week before, but other than that the woodie at Linnanmäki was my 'toughest ride' until then, :lol: . I remember stressing so much with my heartbeat severly pounding, for the whole, about an hour queue, haha.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I got scared first time on Stealth, and that's the only time I've been scared going onto a coaster.

I was slightly nervous about The Bounce at Oakwood as it was my first 'big' drop tower, which I'm slightly embarrassed about :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
thx said:
I think it would be Collossos, at Heide in 2004. I remember stressing so much with my heartbeat severly pounding, for the whole, about an hour queue, haha.

Yeah I was very nervous too before going on Collossos too due to the height and the steep drop. I was bricking it going up the lift hill.

The most frightened I've been was on Bob Express at Bobbejaanland a few years ago. The lap bar didn't close properly or else it was very loose and I didn't really want to try and lift it up to check mid ride. So I just tried to hold the bar down for the whole ride and tried to keep as steady as possible. I really thought I was going to thrown out on some of the corners. A very frightening experience.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The only rides that get me are tower rides. So much tension at the start of the launch up ones like Power Tower and so much at the top of the drops like Det.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
ThunderCoaster, 2005 I think. First ride on a big coaster, slight rain in the air, myself and my cousin alone in the back of the train. He persuaded me to go, there was no queue to chicken out in, and this was ThunderCoaster in its glory days, under glory conditions. I can remember nearly wetting myself during the lift hill, and then... it started.
I have never experienced quite a ride like that again. I still remember being pushed towards the restraints like someone tried to lift me out of the ride, and just being tossed around like a ragdoll in a tornado. Very scary, but a mighty fun experience.
That I didn't do again for more a year, we kept it to that one ride that day.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
This:
nelsonssmall.jpg

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. Never been on Apocalypse. I'd only been on one tower ride before (Bounce) and that scared me enough. I have a real fear of heights. I'm terrified of slipping, or dropping things.

So trying to pull off an ORP like this was horrendous! I had to face the fear, pull the props out, put them on, then POSE! All whilst experiencing my idea of a nightmare!

You'll see I'm holding on, because I simply couldn't let go with both hands!!! :lol:

Brookes

Giga Poster
^I am same as Furie, my first ever big drop tower and it is probably the thing that has got me the most scared before going on a ride. Obviously, my first ride on a coaster was quite scary, but Apocalypse was the worst.

Ollie

CF Legend
Probably when my dad said he'd take me to the London Dungeons for the first time when I was young. It was many years before I liked haunts. I thought it would just be a museum or something but we got in the queue and a woman came out with an axe and beckoned the group in front inside. I chickened out and started crying and got taken outside.
We then decided to go to the war museum down the road but I was still shaking and terrified for some reason. I remembered my Granddad talking about something where you go into a bunker and they have the sounds of a real air raid with all the bombs going off and stuff and I didn't know if that was the place so was scared to do most things.

So yeah. I don't know why I got freaked out so much but I was pretty terrified and feel silly now. :p

Ben

CF Legend
Oblivion, Apocalypse and Hurakan all take the award, but, it's been years since they last scared me.

The only coaster that's scared me in the last few years is Ka! Though, it was epic.

I'm not sure I'll do well with the ones on the Stratosphere though... I really do not do heights, and I especially do not do towers. The one of Eiffel scared the living crap out of me just standing there...

A

Anonymous

SnooSnoo said:
XScream on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.quote]

I wasn't too bad on XScream, i thought insanity was much worse. It's the only ride i've ever had to have a sit down afterwards.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I was pretty nervous waiting for Dragster the first time, but not too bad.

I was definitely afraid for my life on Magic Mountain at Magic World near Naples when my OTSR opened about halfway as the train climbed the lift hill. (The ride had an inclined loop.)

That thing beat me up seven ways to Sunday, but after I'd regained my nerve, I tried it again in another seat.

It was just as bad with the restraint down, :lol: !