What's new

Most Parks You’ve Done in One Road Trip?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Opening at Lake Compounce and getting to Clementon with less than 45 minutes to go before closing (enough time to ride J2 four times, and that's it) and as I had been to all the parks but Clementon before, I didn't need all day at them, I was with another enthusiast who had been to most before as well and he only cared about getting credits in. I think the Wonder Wheel was the only non-coaster we did that day (spending the entire next day at Great Adventure to 'relax')

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Opening at Lake Compounce and getting to Clementon with less than 45 minutes to go before closing (enough time to ride J2 four times, and that's it) and as I had been to all the parks but Clementon before, I didn't need all day at them, I was with another enthusiast who had been to most before as well and he only cared about getting credits in. I think the Wonder Wheel was the only non-coaster we did that day (spending the entire next day at Great Adventure to 'relax')
I see you meant business that day. Any shoving kids out of your way now and then? ;)

Quassy
Lake Compounce
SFNE
Canada’s Wonderland
Waldameer
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World
SFStL
Silver Dollar City
Magic Springs
SFoT
SFFT
Sea World SA
SFoT (again)
Alabama Adventure
SFOG
Lake Winnie
Dollywood
Couple of Alpines
Carowinds
Busch Gardens Europe
The parking lot of Kings Dominion in a storm
SFA
Hersheypark
Knoebels

This, because I was on that trip. It was exhausting, but fab! And lol at the "Kings Dominion parking lot" comment. I305 just sitting there neing illuminated by lightning, taunting you!

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
This thread makes me wonder how many parks one could visit in a single day. Someone should definitely attempt a world record.

Will

Strata Poster
I think it's probably
Walygator
Phantasialand
Europa Park
Didiland
Holiday Park
Toverland
Walibi Holland
Driveliet
Efteling
...and a fair in Luxembourg
2 of the party also did Amsterdam Dungeon.

Summer 2010 <3

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Apart from the big 8 in Florida (which doesn't really count as a 'road trip', I know), my own record is a fairly pathetic 5, which was just a few weeks ago on this years Ghosterforce trip. They were Efteling, Toverland, Phantasialand, Movie Park Germany and Walibi Holland.
To be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to do much more than that in a single trip. You folks that have been on these epic, 3 week expeditions - doesn't it get a bit repetitive after the first week? Not having a dig, just wondering how long it is before the 'coaster fatigue' sets in and you actually start yearning for a day off?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
doesn't it get a bit repetitive after the first week?
I find that depends on what sort of things you're doing with the time.
I feel like I could go forever if it was all single decent parks with something really standout every day.
The fatiguing bit is generally the travel faff in between or the trying to pack in as many things as possible.
I have found myself growing tired of the extra rushing around for insignificant creds on the longer trips, but only if it's impacting on the better stuff.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I’m counting 45 parks in one trip. That was all without a break?

Technically I didn't do Coney Island for a week after La Ronde because I was sick of doing parks. And some days were dedicated to driving cross country. But they were all on the same trip.

Forgot to add Baja Amusements, Jolly Roger Amusement Park, Jolly Roger At The Pier, Trimper's RIdes and Kings Dominion (again) after Morey's Piers.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It would have been that RMC crusade trip we did a few years ago:
  • Six Flags St. Louis
  • Silver Dollar City
  • Six Flags Over Texas
  • Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  • Kemah Boardwalk
  • Galveston Pier

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
  • Six Flags St. Louis
  • Silver Dollar City
  • Six Flags Over Texas
  • Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  • Kemah Boardwalk
  • Galveston Pier
That trip was amazing. <3

TilenB

Strata Poster
I think it was the German/Dutch trip I did a couple of years ago, that had the most amusement parks visited in a single trip, but most of them were pathetic crap, so meh...
Trampolino
Phantasialand
Efteling
Avonturenpark Hellendoorn
De Waarbeek
Amusementspark Tivoli
BillyBird
DippieDoe
Efteling again
Slagharen
Toverland
Movie Park Germany
+ 2 major German fairs, Cannstatter Volksfest and Oktoberfest
+ 4 smaller Dutch fairs (Hengelo, Wijchen, Gouda, Weert)
+ a couple of spiteful parks;
Klotten was open, but the rides were closed due to rain
Schloss Beck, that I knew was closed, but walked up to it, since I had time to kill before MPG opened
Plopsa Indoor Coevorden, that I couldn't get the bus that would get me there (it was some sort of a call bus thing, but the number didn't work for me)...

So, what's that, 11 parks and 6 fairs? Decent :p

Will

Strata Poster
2014 featured:
Pleasurewood Hills
Fraispertuis City
Europa Park
Holiday Park
Tripsdrill
Nigloland
Bagatelle
Dennlys Parc

All in one trip. I think I had more stamina in those days!

jayjay

Giga Poster
My mammoth European rail trip (in the spirit of the topic if not technically a road trip) took in fourteen parks (Plopsa Hasselt, Bobbejaanland, Prater, Familiepark Neusiedlersee, Legoland DE, Skyline Park, Märchenwald im Isartal, Mirabilandia, Fiabilandia, Movieland, Gardaland, Europa Park, Phantasialand and Jardin d'Acclimatations)

Though, in the space of two days, it was almost beaten by our ridiculous south-west cred run at eleven (Flambards, Camel Creek, Brean Leisure Park, Milky Way, Big Sheep, Animal Farm, Crealy Adventure Park, Funder Park, Adventure Wonderbland, Clarence Pier & Hayling Island)

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
  • Six Flags St. Louis
  • Silver Dollar City
  • Six Flags Over Texas
  • Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  • Kemah Boardwalk
  • Galveston Pier
I believe this is my longest as well. Tied with
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World
DollyWood
Carowinds

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I never really do massive trips. I prefer shorter ones, because then the parks still feel exciting. After a while I feel that I kind of grow numb. Anyway, I guess my UK trip had the most:
Cannon Hill Park
St Nicholas Park
Drayton Manor
Alton Towers (2 days)
BPB
Thorpe Park
Chessington
Wicksteed

Closely followed by my recent Scandi trip, which had the most major parks:
Tivoli Gardens (1.5 day)
Bakken
Tivoli Friheden
Djurs Sommerland
Fårup Sommerland
Liseberg
Gröna Lund

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
USlive from a few years ago..
Lake compounce (spited by quassy)
SFNE
(Coney island spite)
SFGA
Knoebels + Dorney
SFA
Hershey
Kings dominion
Busch Williamsburg

And I added a few days and did
Kennywood
Cedar point.

ECC us trip a few years ago did:
Great escape
Story land and funtown splashtown
Canobie lake
SFNE
Quassy and compounce
RYE and Adventureland
Coney island

and I added
Gillians wonderland, playlands castaway cove and Moreys piers (all in one day)
Hershey
and SFGA

Snoo

The Legend
Somewhere between 15-20. I hit up the Jersey Shore with 10 parks in one day which helped boost the number. I forget specifically the number but I do remember 10 in one day. That was quite fun basically bar hoping from park to park.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
3 in a day, twice in one trip. Dorney, Knoebels and Hershey one day, Quassy, SFNE and Compounce the other. 7(8) parks total, also grabbed SFGAdv and a +1 at some castle place.