Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirabilandia to add Ducati World

Discussion in 'News & Rumours' started by roomraider, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I think the last terrible decision of this magnitude was when Maurer first came up with the concept of the Spike Coaster.

DelPiero likes this.
  2. Hixee

Hixee Moderator Staff Member Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I hope their next announcement is a S&S LSM Coaster... :rolleyes:

Lofty likes this.
  3. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

So that image looks like the back of the park (within the existing park rather than any expansion)

Pokemaniac and peep like this.
  4. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    Well what'ya know.

Actually though, I just can't comprehend the reason as to why Parques thinks this is a good investment. Barely expanding the park, some Spike Coasters, and some VR. Give that money to literally any other chain and they'd be able to give that park a world-class ride, with some leftover for other park improvements.

5. CanobieFan

CanobieFan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Boulderdash
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Why are you sure its a Spike? Could it be the new S&S steeplechase? Hmm

Edit: I just saw the concept art from page one, maybe it is the MS ride.... but still, one could hope for the S&S?

ATI likes this.
  6. ATI

ATI Spammer of the Year & Most Improved Member CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens Tampa
    ^I wish... :p

7. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    It's definitely a Maurer. The blue ride in the concept image is an exact clone of Sky Dragster.

8. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Mountain monkey Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team

I think the logic of Parques Reunidos is that the park is "readily developed", so that they don't need to add any more to it. It is essentially "complete", since it already attracts a lot of guests and makes a lot of money. When they buy a park, they don't need it to grow further, only to sustain the income it had at the time of acquisition. Sort of like loading an RCT save with a park that has already completed the scenario goals, and is making money. No need to build anything more, just maintain what is already there, and pocket the profits it makes. Let that RCT save run overnight, have tons of money come morning, give it all to shareholders or use it to buy another park and do exactly the same.

It seems like they approach theme parks like other developers approach office buildings. It is common to own a building, pay for maintenance, and let rent money trickle in. No need to add a floor, expand with a new wing, or change the facade just for the sake of it. Spending money is a risk, since you don't know whether you can attract more tenants or increase prices to make your money back. It is safer to just buy buildings that have everything in order, long-term rent contracts already in place, and let things take care of themselves with minimal investment.

Judging by the amount of money Parques Reunidos makes, this strategy apparently works from an financial point of view. Buy parks that have a solid customer base, enough rides to fill a day, and little competition in its segment, and let them make money. Occasionally they add a cheap ride to sustain the visitor numbers, but they seem to shy away from big, risky investments. Sure, the park stagnates, visitor numbers plateau, and rides eventually wear out, but with some "clever management" (understaffing, shutting down rides that cost a lot to maintain, increasing prices, etc.) they can still run a profit. I don't think any Parques Reunidos parks are directly unprofitable, but if they happen to dip into the red, one can always do another round of cost-cutting. Or maybe just sell off a park, if there's nothing left to salvage. The chain hasn't been in that situation yet, though, so it's hard to say.

Looking at their website, it's extremely clear that Parques Reunidos is in it for the money, and for the money only. The parks are company assets, how exactly they make money seems to be of secondary importance to the company. I made a lengthy post about it a couple of months ago.

F*ing soulless, dirty cash-grabbers.

Coaster Hipster, iac17, ATI and 5 others like this.
  9. iac17

iac17 Member

Best Coaster:
    tatsu
    Best Park:
    mirabilandia
    Coaster Count:
    let's face it the spike capacity it's terrible (800pph for the model that pr is going to build)
    how can't they understand that 800pph is not enough for one if not the biggest park in italy
    both katun (1700pph) and ispeed (1400pph)have long queue despide their huge capacity
    i hope pr change their mind and decite to go with a bether manifacturer and model
    couse like this they are only trowing money in the garbage=(

10. ATI

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens Tampa
    You have the grammar skills of a pre-schooler. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though because you're Italian.

11. iac17

iac17 Member

Best Coaster:
    tatsu
    Best Park:
    mirabilandia
    Coaster Count:
    i'm sorry for my bad english
    and yeah italian's are not usually good at speeking english

toofpikk likes this.
  12. ATI

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens Tampa
    Do you not have autocorrect? :)

13. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Colossos
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Your English is actually pretty good, so ignore him. Besides, I think everyone can understand the point you were trying to make. It's nice to see people from all over the place on forums like these! :)

DelPiero, iac17, Serena and 5 others like this.
  14. TilenB

TilenB Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    ATI, I'd like to see you put together a comprehensible sentence in a language other than English.
    Your posting has improved, but...
    [​IMG]

DelPiero, Lofty and elephant58 like this.
  15. ATI

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens Tampa
    Je m'appelle ATI.

16. iac17

iac17 Member

Best Coaster:
    tatsu
    Best Park:
    mirabilandia
    Coaster Count:
    i do... but i have an italian autocorrecttor, not an english one

17. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah, I agree! The capacity is going to be absolutely dreadful. Also, ignore ATI, he's just salty because you're not posting in the Blackpool topic...

18. roomraider

roomraider Best Topic Starter 2016 CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis/Sky Skrapper
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Snippet from Parksworld Online says something interesting about Mirabilandia.
    Vekoma2018.png

Now I would take this with a small grain of salt as it's possible theres confusion between Mirabilandia Italy and Mirabilandia Brazil as the Brazilian park is moving and reinstalling the old SFOG Deja Vu sometime soon. However having said that. The Brazilian park is locked in a land dispute right now and wont open I'd imagine until 2020 until the earliest and why would Vekoma mention a Refurbishment.

If however this isnt a mix up then a GIB seems on for Italy.

Matt N likes this.
  19. iac17

iac17 Member

Best Coaster:
    tatsu
    Best Park:
    mirabilandia
    Coaster Count:
    this is wierd!
    the article saies "italy's mirabilandia" and "twenty roller coaster to open in 2018"
    but from my last visit to mirabilandia it didn't seem like they are preparing the land for a 2018 addition

20. TilenB

TilenB Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    I think they might have those parks mixed up too. How reliable is the magazine? If Mirabilandia was adding a GIB, surely that would be a big enough of an addition that could warrant some sort of press release at this point?