What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
That was your first coaster?! I've still yet to do it... that's some first ride!
Yes and I didn't even have a say in the matter. I was on a field trip in my 8th grade year in school. It was an end-of-year trip as well as a congratulations you're going on to high school. I used to have a fear of coasters and my classmates all knew so on the trip that day they kept egging me on about whether or not I was going to conquer my fear. Once I agreed to do it they promised to strap me into the seat if they had to should I decide to chicken out. I ended up riding Hulk and Dueling Dragons seven times that day and since then I've never looked back.

RollerCoasterRob2019

Roller Poster
Yes and I didn't even have a say in the matter. I was on a field trip in my 8th grade year in school. It was an end-of-year trip as well as a congratulations you're going on to high school. I used to have a fear of coasters and my classmates all knew so on the trip that day they kept egging me on about whether or not I was going to conquer my fear. Once I agreed to do it they promised to strap me into the seat if they had to should I decide to chicken out. I ended up riding Hulk and Dueling Dragons seven times that day and since then I've never looked back.

Love it. My first 'big coaster' was Oblivion at Alton Towers on my 11th birthday. I had done a Pinfari Looper at Drayton Manor and Jet Star in the dark (Black Hole) before then, so I was crapping myself as this was the real deal and basically vertical. This 20 year old blonde woman was like "do you want me to hold your hand" and I was like "yeah" - only because I was like "I would if I was 9 years older LOL" but actually was more thinking about the drop.. when you haven't done a massive roller coaster yet, and suddenly you're coming round the corner and you see that intimidating wide track just drop off into the abyss. That was a lot to take in and it's ingrained in my mind, I felt utterly helpless. Closed my eyes - couldn't help it - but then realised the drop was fun. After we went over the other side of the park and did Nemesis. By then, I was just excited, my fear of roller coasters basically diminished completely by Oblivion! Literally best day ever.

Though having said that I miss being scared on roller coasters, so it's nice when something new enough comes along that I get the fear-y butterflies again. And I got them again before I rode Intimidator 305 last year, due to the stories that you might grey / pass out... :)

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
Love it. My first 'big coaster' was Oblivion at Alton Towers on my 11th birthday. I had done a Pinfari Looper at Drayton Manor and Jet Star in the dark (Black Hole) before then, so I was crapping myself as this was the real deal and basically vertical. This 20 year old blonde woman was like "do you want me to hold your hand" and I was like "yeah" - only because I was like "I would if I was 9 years older LOL" but actually was more thinking about the drop.. when you haven't done a massive roller coaster yet, and suddenly you're coming round the corner and you see that intimidating wide track just drop off into the abyss. That was a lot to take in and it's ingrained in my mind, I felt utterly helpless. Closed my eyes - couldn't help it - but then realised the drop was fun. After we went over the other side of the park and did Nemesis. By then, I was just excited, my fear of roller coasters basically diminished completely by Oblivion! Literally best day ever.

Though having said that I miss being scared on roller coasters, so it's nice when something new enough comes along that I get the fear-y butterflies again. And I got them again before I rode Intimidator 305 last year, due to the stories that you might grey / pass out... :)
Sweet. Nemesis is a bucket list coaster for me. I've done Sheikra at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and I remember the the anticipation building as we climbed the lift the first time i rode it. You could see the drop coming and it still gave me goosebumps.

RollerCoasterRob2019

Roller Poster
Sweet. Nemesis is a bucket list coaster for me. I've done Sheikra at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and I remember the the anticipation building as we climbed the lift the first time i rode it. You could see the drop coming and it still gave me goosebumps.

It does actually pull some serious G's on that downward helix, it's a monster for a B&M inverted! Going down that helix and feeling the force then being whipped up into one of the best zero G moments ever, all while flying really close to rock... just amazing. The Smiler is also incredible. To be honest Nemesis holds a dearer place in my heart but the Smiler is more NUTS. Relentless that one, still the best Infinity Coaster I've done - LOL no jk I've done Karnan. If you have the chance to get out to our next door neighbour's Germany when you come here, go to Phantasialand and Hansa Park. Easy and cheap as chips to fly to Hamburg. Karnan pulls G's similar to Intimidator 305

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
It does actually pull some serious G's on that downward helix, it's a monster for a B&M inverted! Going down that helix and feeling the force then being whipped up into one of the best zero G moments ever, all while flying really close to rock... just amazing. The Smiler is also incredible. To be honest Nemesis holds a dearer place in my heart but the Smiler is more NUTS. Relentless that one, still the best Infinity Coaster I've done - LOL no jk I've done Karnan. If you have the chance to get out to our next door neighbour's Germany when you come here, go to Phantasialand and Hansa Park. Easy and cheap as chips to fly to Hamburg. Karnan pulls G's similar to Intimidator 305
I do like the sound of that!!! Intense rides are my faves. Air time is secondary. Alton Towers is on my bucket list for parks and phantasialand sounds like one I will soon add.

RollerCoasterRob2019

Roller Poster
I do like the sound of that!!! Intense rides are my faves. Air time is secondary. Alton Towers is on my bucket list for parks and phantasialand sounds like one I will soon add.

Yeah - Phantasialand is amazing - Black Mamba I loved but didn't go on enough, Taylor from Coaster Studios actually prefered it to Nemesis - each to their own but I think it comes down to how you're feeling that day, your expectations etc etc - Taylor is absolutely right hype yourself enough but not too much. (For example I slightly over hyped myself for I305 as I did not grey out once, I'm obviously tough as nails - you can see in my pic I'm almost mocking it in my sunglasses lol but it does pull some serious G force). Taron is difficult to over hype as I over hyped myself and it met expectations. It's fun with a capital F, world class airtime - you know that sorta floater / ejector which is a hard one to design but when they get it right it's fantastic. And yeah seriously if you like G's Karnan pulls NO punches.

However - have you tried any of the "backlot stunt coaster" rides? As in kings dominion or kings island? Because, although a family coaster, it launches you into the tightest helix ever - and you get sustained g force from it. And when I got to the top of that helix, my head went VERY funny, literally saw STARS (as did my wife) and it's not something Intimidator 305 even did to me which i find very funny! Goes to show it's sustained G force which gets you rather than high ones

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
I try to go in with some anticipation but not much. I follow Coaster Studios so I believe that. Most of the coasters I have been on have met expectations. There were a couple surprises (Mindbender & Blue Hawk at Six Flags Over Georgia) and a couple letdowns (Goliath at Six Flags over Georgia) otherwise I've gotten what I expected.

Sadly I have never been to any of the Cedar Fair parks. All 56 of my credits have come from Florida and Georgia parks.

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
I remember when Mindbender opened, that coaster has held up well and there are no bad seats. I know it is getting repainted and updated themeing now. Blue Hawk is one of my favorites despite the local hatred it gets from when it used to be the Ninja. Can't wait until GASM reopens with all of the new track work, it was getting down right painful to ride.

Trax

Hyper Poster
In the end, it all depends on your own preferences and your expectations. I prefer low expectations, as positive suprises are always welcome. I was hyped for Nemesis as everyone calls it one of the most intense coasters out there, and was deeply disappointed. The Helix before the the Zero-G is great, but it looses most of it's intensity afterwards. Actually, I'd rank it the lowest B&M Invert I have done so far, and prefer Nemesis Inferno - which I was not hyped about at all, over it.
Taron itself is probably just a "good" ride, but the combination of the ride and Klugheim makes the experience. Just don't go on it and expect it to be your number 1 layout.

I always try to keep my expections down, just to avoid disappointments like Nemesis was for me. That's really an issue with being an enthusiast.... you are hard to please. I would'nt wonder if I305 will disappoint me as well, as my expectations for it are unfortunately huge.

Clarimeister

Roller Poster
I try to hit common favorites and anticipated coasters, but it's just for my own personal fun. I won't go out of the way and skip rides the whole day to hit them, so I guess I don't care too much. Especially starting to ride more and more now, it'll be harder to do that. But my list is:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad OR Space Mountain (Disneyland) I cannot rememeber which was first. Too long ago lol.
50. Xcelerator (Knott's Berry Farm)
100. Canyon Blaster (Adventuredome)
150. Beast (King's Island)
200. Cannibal (Lagoon)
250. Fury 325 (Carowinds)

Who knows what 300 will be. No idea where I'll be this summer!

TheMaverick

Roller Poster
I didn't start counting until I was past 100 so I'm not sure what it is.

1. Caterpillar [Now Little Dipper] (Lightwater Valley)
100. Unknown
200. Stormrunner (Hersheypark)
300. A random Wacky Worm [Bad luck]
400. Superman Escape from Krypton (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
500. Troy (Toverland)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Touché! I suppose on reflection CC have always been a bit more 'on it' with adding temporary coasters (thinking of the various IAAPA creds).

My guess is that it's SBNO in the sense that it only operates by invitation?

TilenB

Strata Poster
My guess is that it's SBNO in the sense that it only operates by invitation?

Could be, though I'm pretty sure that they used to list other private coasters as operating in the past (like the two at John Ivers' house, etc.).

But yeah, coaster-count is constantly changing stuff on their website (I just got a message that they changed Plopsa's Supersplash from Water to Undefined the other day, so my count on there is now lower than my actual count, urgh), so that could very well be it...