What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I think I saw somewhere (can't find source) that the new park operator for La feria de Chapultepec will be announced on the 29th Nov. It seems like it will be pretty soon anyway.

Edit: Parquemaniacos has posted that it is tomorrow so hopefully we'll get some more information. I wonder if it will be Six Flags.

Last edited:
It's a shame to see it go, when I rode I was a little disappointed as it lacked the airtime I expected, but with some retracking to speed it up, it could probably of been awesome. I came so close to being half spited by it as I had a plane to catch and they only ran one side at at time, which is awkward for a mobius coaster! It took two visits to the park to ride it as on the first time it was closed and I did actually see maintenance crews on it.

cookie

Giga Poster
While it's sad to see the wooden coaster go, I do spy at least three new coasters in the concept art, including what looks like a dueling Vekoma Family Boomerang. Not sure if the green track is a coaster or just an elevated rail track, though.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify - in addition to real estate development company Thor urban Capital, Portugal-based Mota Engil México was also awarded the concessions contract for the former Feria de Chapultepec amusement park. So the companies put in a joint bid, under the condition that the park, now named Aztlán, will continue to operate. Mota Engil México is a nonresidential building construction company that is currently working on the construction of the first section of the Mayan Train in southern Mexico, so it looks like they do more than what's listed in the company profile.
Part of the contract award states that the companies must fully guarantee "the quality, safety and environmental sustainability of all components , equipment and rides, especially the mechanical ones." And since the contract includes COVID-19 safety protocols, it seems that they're expecting it to reopen sooner rather than later.
Five other companies applied for the concession: CABI Entertainment, Sofmar Fun, Negrete Garza, Quantum Servicio and Six Flags Mexico.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'm really amazed the woodies getting scrapped. It's such a piece of history and a bit of an icon. One of just 3 mobius woodies left in the world and one of the first coasters I remember seeing when I first became an enthusiast. I'm genuinely surprised it's not covered by whatever the Mexican version it being a listed building is.

It may not have given the best ride any more but I don't think it's anything some TLC couldn't have fixed.

Seems weird that after concerted effort to save 2 Vekoma loopscrews (shaman and python) that arent great rides but were saved partly because of their cultural significance and iconic status to the countries they were in. That this ride which is unique, hugely iconic and arguably a much better ride than an old Vekoma is getting the chop.

Indy

Hyper Poster
It may not have given the best ride any more but I don't think it's anything some TLC couldn't have fixed.

Absolutely. When I rode it in 2017, it had just received quite a bit of track work. I was unaware of this at the time so I was fully prepared to get destroyed on the thing, but it proved to be a ton of fun and really enjoyable. Probably the single most shocking ride of my life. I'm glad I got to experience it, but truly disappointed that it isn't being saved. It's such an iconic and historic ride.

Peet

Giga Poster
And a petition:

I do think it's worth signing this one - seems a senseless waste to demolish such a unique and historic coaster when the site will still be used as an amusement park anyway.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Do you know what country they sold it to?
Sorry couldnt reply to this at the time as I wasnt allowed. (and i know people who want news hate it but when people have sources for things and we arent allowed to talk about there is genuinly a reason we can't say)

But as its now been mentioned to me by a couple of other people/sites and it seems to be out there, Indiana Beach also bought the shuttle loop from the same park. So this could well be the 2022 addition.

god knows where they will put it but we shall see.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Being German "Dreier Looper" sounds really odd. The name was "Dreier Looping"
Sorry couldnt reply to this at the time as I wasnt allowed. (and i know people who want news hate it but when people have sources for things and we arent allowed to talk about there is genuinly a reason we can't say)

But as its now been mentioned to me by a couple of other people/sites and it seems to be out there, Indiana Beach also bought the shuttle loop from the same park. So this could well be the 2022 addition.

Very interesting, shaping up to be a fab little park

cookie

Giga Poster

Very intriguing. Wonder if they got the coasters as a package deal, since I recall the shuttle loop being auctioned separately(?). Anything on where the Reverchon mouse is heading?

Last edited: