What's new

Liseberg | Valkyria | B&M Dive Coaster

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I thought Oblivion TBH was pretty average. Drop, immelmann, poor airtime hill restricted by OTSR's, bland helix and an average zero g, done. Shiekra is the superior ride by far. Not enough elements in these things IMO and vertical drops are a bit redundant now. Agree with Lofty that it'll be a success and is a good addition for the park but in the grand scheme of things its a bit 'meh' when compared to other 2018 creds.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Same.

Here is a list of acceptable names for Oblivion: The Black Hole

Oblivion 2
Italian Oblivion
Gardaland's Oblivion
White Oblivion
**** Oblivion

TilenB

Strata Poster
Joey said:
Same.

Here is a list of acceptable names for Oblivion: The Black Hole

Oblivion 2
Italian Oblivion
Gardaland's Oblivion
White Oblivion
**** Oblivion
Can we call it Gardablivion?

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

mouse

Giga Poster
Although I haven't actually ridden it yet, I don't think Oblivion tbh is as good as Oblivion tbh.

spicy

Giga Poster
Oblivion 2 is definately better than Oblivion 1. Not by much but it is overall a bit better.

Still no where near 17 years worth of improvement though.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The original is bestest. I haven't ridden the black hole, but I've already made my mind up and nothings gonna to change it! Dive machines get boring after the drop and apart from acting as a wind down from the thrill of the drop, these post drop elements hold little merit.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
But with that logic, every single (traditional) coaster winds down from it's initial drop/launch? Why does having more of a layout become a negative thing purely because it has a more thrilling drop?

Lofty

CF Legend
Oblivion The Black Hole is fab, it just offers so much more than Oblivion. I don't even mean in terms of physically, by track length and elements, but in terms of fluctuation of forces - it's brilliant.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Crazycoaster said:
But with that logic, every single (traditional) coaster winds down from it's initial drop/launch? Why does having more of a layout become a negative thing purely because it has a more thrilling drop?

It can be negative if it's not really adding anything of interest to the experience. I don't need b&m wing-tier inversions on MY coaster. :p That said the entry into the hole is a bigger issue, but I don't care for these extra lumbering inversions and extra drops and extra helixes.
When I say winds down, I mean it more as 'excitement' rather than speed/height.

Astro61201

Roller Poster
Wow, that seems as though it could be the best 6 seated dive yet, it's got a long (for a dive), fairly original layout, and looks like it will be a great addition! I guess we can assume that valkyria is a play or translation in the word Valkyrie, which is a Norse God who chooses who live and dies in battle.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie
So the theme is most likely going to centre around Norse mythology.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Valkyria reminds me a bit of Oblivion: The Black Hole except a little longer, and possibly better pacing. It seems to have the potential to be the best dive yet. Once again, great work by Liseberg.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
To make way for Valkyria the Fairy Tale Castle (Sagoslottet) dark ride will also be demolished and the Wave Swinger relocated in the park. The park have said the Fairy Tale Castle will be replaced with a new similar dark ride in a few years time.

9468083d1492074553-2018-neuheit-valkyria-dive-coaster-b-m-50-m-liseberg-schweden-c4lvthovdhgv75a7fak6.jpg

9468080d1492074550-2018-neuheit-valkyria-dive-coaster-b-m-50-m-liseberg-schweden-eqhohby6g9uhsp8mq4md.jpg

New concept images.