What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Is there an opportunity for night rides at this park or are the opening hours restrictive in the autumn?

During October Linnanmäki has an event called Valokarnevaalit (lightcarneval) where they decorate the park with thousands of lights and you can ride almost all rides in the dark (except Kirnu, the zac-spin and Hurjakuru, the Intamin river rapids ride). Valokarnevaalit is really popular, so the park is absolutely packed. Expect to get mad waiting times for Taiga (on opening day the wait was an hour, expect 1.5-2hrs since everyone will want to ride it in the dark.

On Huvipuistoseura, the Finnish speaking forums, User "Arttu" said that when it gets dark, the eyes on the eagle (the trains) glows red.

http://www.huvipuistoseura.org/foru...id=47a7223356cb3c87c2ee05a761be9c97&start=405

(Valoja tulee varmasti lisää ja jos ei tiedoitustilaisuudessa vielä sanottu, niin molemmissa junissa on myös valot ja kotkien silmät loistaa pimeässä punaisina. )

I can't wait to ride Taiga in the dark, especially if the eyes are glowing red. Just wait for off-ride shots of that, it will look insane!

From the POV I still think the first 3rd of this looks a bit so-so, but the 2nd launch onwards looks absolutely cracking.

I have to agree with this, the helix and other turns are a little slow compared to the rest of the ride. The first inversion however, is insane. you first get some mild floater when you turn to the right, which is then followed by mental hangtime. It is my favorite part of the ride, especially if your restraint has some give to it. I had to grab the handlebars my first time going trough it, it was so insane (I had my hands up for the rest of the ride :p).

My question is, what this inversion should be called. According to the park it's called the "360 degree twisted dive loop", while RCDB calls it a "Zero-g winder" ?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
During September and October they're open on less days, but are either open 4pm-10pm or 1pm-midnight!
During October Linnanmäki has an event called Valokarnevaalit (lightcarneval) where they decorate the park with thousands of lights and you can ride almost all rides in the dark (except Kirnu, the zac-spin and Hurjakuru, the Intamin river rapids ride). Valokarnevaalit is really popular, so the park is absolutely packed. Expect to get mad waiting times for Taiga (on opening day the wait was an hour, expect 1.5-2hrs since everyone will want to ride it in the dark.
giphy.gif

That's a couple of quality responses guys.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
For people who have ridden taiga, what day did you go and how long were the queues?
I'm going Monday 5th of August, near the end of Finland school holidays. How long will the queues for taiga be?
What are the other rides that get the highest queues at linnanmaki?

PetskuC

Mega Poster
For people who have ridden taiga, what day did you go and how long were the queues?
I'm going Monday 5th of August, near the end of Finland school holidays. How long will the queues for taiga be?
What are the other rides that get the highest queues at linnanmaki?
It depends on the weather. If it's sunny, there might be 30min-1 h wait. If it's raining/cloudy you can get a 5min wait on Taiga. Other rides that have long lines are Linnunrata and Salama

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
It depends on the weather. If it's sunny, there might be 30min-1 h wait. If it's raining/cloudy you can get a 5min wait on Taiga. Other rides that have long lines are Linnunrata and Salama

[/QUO
If you go there often, do you have any advice to avoiding the queues? And is it busy at the beginning of August? Is the woodie a busy ride as well?

PetskuC

Mega Poster
It shouldn't be that bad in August but who knows. It just really depends on the weather, since Finns like to spend their day in the sun, not so much when it is cloudy

About Vuoristorata, it is actually the attraction with the highest troughput, so the wait shouldn't be more than 10mins

Emica

Roller Poster
5-30 min usually. I've been riding Taiga on several weekday evenings (starting 1-2 h before the park closure). Usually the first time was 30 min and second 15, if lucky even first 15 min and second 8 min or similar. So all in all very moderate, really, for such a new attraction! The only time I waited more than an hour was on the opening day to get to first row (total 1h15min). At 50 minutes, I would have gotten in the other seats, but as people kept using the "oikopolku" (shortcut queue ~9 € extra) and they are also let to sit at the front, the "normal" queue for first row proceeded very slowly. Ps. the staff at the entrance of Taiga seem to know very well what the queue lenght is like (they tell it to me almost every time without me asking), so you can always ask and then decide which attraction you're going to go to.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
It shouldn't be that bad in August but who knows. It just really depends on the weather, since Finns like to spend their day in the sun, not so much when it is cloudy

About Vuoristorata, it is actually the attraction with the highest troughput, so the wait shouldn't be more than 10mins

Thanks al
5-30 min usually. I've been riding Taiga on several weekday evenings (starting 1-2 h before the park closure). Usually the first time was 30 min and second 15, if lucky even first 15 min and second 8 min or similar. So all in all very moderate, really, for such a new attraction! The only time I waited more than an hour was on the opening day to get to first row (total 1h15min). At 50 minutes, I would have gotten in the other seats, but as people kept using the "oikopolku" (shortcut queue ~9 € extra) and they are also let to sit at the front, the "normal" queue for first row proceeded very slowly. Ps. the staff at the entrance of Taiga seem to know very well what the queue lenght is like (they tell it to me almost every time without me asking), so you can always ask and then decide which attraction you're going to go to.
thanks a lot, have you ridden it right when the park opens? So would it be a walk on queue at 11:00? And what time do the gates open at?

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
thanks a lot, have you ridden it right when the park opens? So would it be a walk on queue at 11:00? And what time do the gates open at?

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Thanks a lot, one more question. Do you have any recommendations on where to eat that are close to linnanmak? Because I heard the food is overpriced there.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
The queues I've had with Taiga have been 20...60mins, depending which seat. Front row is obviously the longest wait because only 2 seats and the Oikopolku 'fast-pass' users usually pick the front row.

About eating, I really like Pub Weeruska right next to Linnanmäki :)

Arttu

Roller Poster
I give thumbs up for Weeruska too! :) Also there's a basic grocery store near tram stop between Linnanmäki and Weeruska if you like to throw a picnic at the park.

In park there is free and lockable storage for loading for your phones and possible batteries if those fit and wire to various cables. Remember to ask the locations from e.g. info :)

Welcome to Linnanmäki! <3

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
I give thumbs up for Weeruska too! :) Also there's a basic grocery store near tram stop between Linnanmäki and Weeruska if you like to throw a picnic at the park.

In park there is free and lockable storage for loading for your phones and possible batteries if those fit and wire to various cables. Remember to ask the locations from e.g. info :)

Welcome to Linnanmäki! <3
Thanks a lot, is were ska cheap?

Lunatic

Roller Poster
I rode Taiga first time on last Sunday, needless to say it was an amazing ride. It's pure action from start to finish, no boring sections, no nonsense. Some have commented the first part of the ride being a bit slow but I personally didn't find it that way. Maybe the first inversion shocked me so much that I wouldn't even notice. ?

The lines were about 20-30 min long while I was visiting. It was raining that day and during the rain they didn't let anyone ride the front seat, but luckily the weather got better eventually and I got to experience that one too.