What's new

Legendia | Lech Coaster | Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

BigBad

Mega Poster
I'm just surprised it hasn't been talked about more. These must be the longest trains on a beyond-vertical drop. The air should be intense!

Are the harnesses just lap bars or also some kind of OTSR (such as a vest attached to an overhead lap bar)?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
The drop is so weird. When you look at the drop from the profile view of the LIFT HILL, the drop is around 70-80 degrees. But if you look at the drop from a profile view of the DROP, then it's beyond vertical. The angle makes all the difference. Cannot wait to see this thing run

BigBad

Mega Poster
What seems to happen is what happened to me the first time I tried a drop like that in FVD++. (I was sort of mimicking Expedition GeForce.) As you roll in a force zone with negative Gs, the track pitches beyond vertical in a weird way that doesn't happen for a straight drop.

I half think that's what Vekoma has done.

And if it looks beyond vertical from the drop, it's beyond vertical. That's the only vantage point that matters.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
N9cee_Xneq6FCRSYsmuR-Xq5uJoNyMz-zI-4w5VGHNM.jpg
This shows it best imo, looks like the spine goes slightly left indicating a tiny bit of vertical droppage. Don't remember there being anything confirmed by the park before though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This could also be a fluke of heartlining. The heartline of the coaster may be vertical, but the track might have to do some funky twists to make that so.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, still sweating and finding myself short of breath whenever I open this topic.