What's new

League of Goons 2019: Q&A

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
If you have any questions regarding this year's League, post in here or PM me and your questions will be answered.

Thekingin64

Out of interest, how would the Towers Dungeons classify for LoG points?

Haven't been through myself yet but understand it does still have a boat ride section in. I'd see it as an "Other Attraction" due the it mostly being walkthrough but would the short boat ride bump it up to "dark/flat ride"? Or would it still count as a "midway attraction" like all other dungeons and not count for anything?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
I personally would allow the Dungeons at Alton to be put under "Other Attraction". Normal dungeons don't count as it becomes a nightmare with all the aquariums/zoos/etc that would also then enter the fray. In-park attractions like this, though, are fine.

JoshC.

Can't find a concrete answer either way, so just to double check: can Scream Parks, like Tulleys Shocktoberfest, count for points?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Those 'large' event type places do count (they're not much different to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland in my opinion).

It's the smaller like 'city escape room' type things that don't.

HeartlineCoaster

Don't want to cause a hassle, but we've had Maximus Blitz Bahn submitted as a Rollercoaster, Dark/Flat and Other attraction this year.
What's the official stance on Bobkarts?

RCDB is stated as the only source in the official rules but I have been cheeky about a couple of things myself when it comes to their haphazard water coaster decisions.

Yes, they are on coaster count - has that become a solid enough rule with which we can ignore everyone's personal preferences as to what does and doesn't count as a cred?

Just then need to be wary of the other implications of that rule since they've started added things like 1st gen Intamin drop towers on there. I know I haven't been submitting those as creds either.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
I mean the stance from my personal perspective is that it's not a cred - it's not in my personal list. Same goes for the 1st Gens. I'm not going to try and pretend like the LoG has any real stance on it. Haha.

At the end of the day, it's only 2 points per ride different, and there aren't that many of these questionable rides out there (relatively speaking) so it's not going to suddenly change the whole league. ;)

You'd get more points for claiming you rode it twice, but the LoG relies on people being honest. If you can justify to yourself calling them creds (or not) then that's up to you. :)