Change background image

League of Goons 2018: Results!

Discussion in 'League of Goons 2018' started by Hixee, May 28, 2018.

1. Coasterfreck

Coasterfreck New Member

Best Coaster:
    Icon (BPB)
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    I geniunely can’t believe I won Q4, and also logged the most points in one submission for BPB on 8/10. Thanks for running LoG, will try to be more involved with it throughout 2019. @Thekingin64 thank you for actually getting me to enter in the first place!

2. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Calm down, Meryl; it's not the f**king Oscars.

3. jayjay

jayjay Member

Best Coaster:
    Kärnan (Hansa Park)
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Impressed we managed to tick off three different countries with that list. We love (western) diversity.

Hixee likes this.
  4. peep

peep Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Thanks @Hixee for keeping this going and making all the awesome stats and graphs. I love the heatmap showing where we've been.

5. HeartlineCoaster

HeartlineCoaster Member

Best Coaster:
    Helix
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah more big thanks to @Hixee for putting all the hard work in.
    I liked the normalised monthly graph showing some big defined seasons vs my steady flow. ;)

Out of interest, have you got stats for stuff like most ridden rides (cycles or people) to go with most visited parks, or is it all predictable stuff like Goliath @ SFGAm x100?

Hixee likes this.
  6. Hixee

Hixee Flojector Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Tell you what, one more table. Wondered what it would be like to compare this year's (2018) results to last year's (2017). Pulled together this table:

[​IMG]
    Comments:
    • You don't get an average if you've only particiaped in one year of the League.
    • You don't get a %-change if you've scored zero in either 2017 or 2018 (including those who didn't enter either year).
    • Yes, the scoring system changed in between the two years so they're not directly comparable. That said, it's even more impressive if people have stayed consistent in my opinion.
    Observations are:
    • @gavin obviously holding the highest total and highest average. Good work on the relatively low drop in points though too.
    • @GuyWithAStick with the smallest (absolute) change in points between the two years.
    • @Ben tumbling, and @Thekingin64 flying up!
    Yay? I guess.

Thekingin64 likes this.
  7. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Our two messages crossed a bit there, I think. Or at least, I was still drafting mine while you posted. :p
    Thanks. :)
    Sadly not. The inputs just look like this - I don't actually track the specific ride(s), outside of checking the validity of the front/back/new/record points.
    [​IMG]
    Between R > AJ are all the formulas based on the inputs - they're just hidden for convenience.

Happy to PM the spreadsheet if anyone really wants to see it. Changed it up a bit for 2019 to make the inputs a bit easier, but it's the same basic principle.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  8. witchfinder

witchfinder New Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Islands of Adventure
    Coaster Count:
    Nice work again @Hixee, love seeing all these stats. What I've learned is that I really need to visit more parks in the summer (Jul-Sep). If only they weren't full of other people! :D

Hixee likes this.
  9. Hyde

Hyde I Lied About My Age! Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    I'll break the top half one of these years! :p

Brilliant final tally @Hixee! I especially loved the time-indexed curve to show when folks were riding and reporting - pretty cool mapping of how each person's year went.

[​IMG]

Hixee likes this.
  10. HeartlineCoaster

HeartlineCoaster Member

Best Coaster:
    Helix
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Coaster Count:
    If I were a strange person I could actually give you that figure I worked out last year. 4788. ;)
    Maybe if I get bored again one day I'll work out the most ridden coasters thing.

Hixee likes this.
  11. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    There were 695 submissions last year, so no mean feat to go through all of them! If you were smart about it (which I'm sure you would be), you could cut out the one-off trips to the obscure parks, but that wouldn't suitably satisfy my 'completeness' feeling of running ALL the numbers. :p

If I was a betting man, I'd say Icon would be in with a shot for the most ridden, possibly with Taron coming close. Whilst both SFGAm and Alton had a higher number of visits throughout the year, I don't recall as many x11-type numbers in those submissions.

In 2017 it was easily American Eagle at SFGAm. Almost every submission by @seamaur included a dozen laps on it, not to mention all the other people who seemed to spend all season at that park! :p