Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Goons 2017: Q&A

Discussion in 'League of Goons 2017' started by Hixee, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Hixee

Hixee Most Knowledgeable Member 2016 Staff Member Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    If you have any questions regarding this year's League, post in here or PM me and your questions will be answered.

2. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    Can coaster records stack? For example, TTD is the world's 3d fastest and 2nd tallest. Would it get 17 extra points for having both of those records, or would it only get one of them?

3. Hixee

Hixee Most Knowledgeable Member 2016 Staff Member Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    I grappled with the wording of the rules slightly, and maybe I didn't quite get it right when I said:
    By this I meant that whichever of the records would earn you the most points (be it category, like speed/height, or location, like Asia/World) is the record you get points for. So in your example, you'd only get 9 bonus points, for second place in the height category.

Does that make sense?

4. GuyWithAStick

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    Yes, thank you! :)

5. witchfinder

witchfinder Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    PortAventura
    Coaster Count:
  6. TilenB

TilenB Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    Hixee likes this.
  7. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Yup! I'd even go as far to say that I'd allow something that's not listed on RCDB, provided it's clearly a cred. For example, people will be able to claim for Winter Wonderland (and the travelling creds that arrive there), even though the park is not listed on RCDB.

There will be an element of discretion, but I think you'll be able to claim for most things. And almost certainly if it's on RCDB!

witchfinder likes this.
  8. witchfinder

witchfinder Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    PortAventura
    Coaster Count:
    Cool, thanks guys.

9. GuyWithAStick

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    Quick question regarding employment. I know you can't gain entry points during working hours, but what if you decide to stay at the park as a guest for a few hours after your shift ends? Do I gain entry points then, or is the whole day counted as 'work'?

10. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Hahaha, I knew this could happen and I couldn't ever settle my mind on it. :p

I think the fairest thing I can say is that you won't get entry points. I figure that the main reason for the trip would be your shift at work, and therefore your own time before/after is lumped in with that. I think any day when you're working at the park would need to be rolled in as a work trip - I can't really see any fairer way of doing it, to be honest.

11. Hyde

Hyde Matt SR Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Ravine Flyer II
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Ran into two questions when tabulating:

1. Does VR on old coasters count as New for 2017?
    2. What roller coaster records are we counting for points? For instance, Wild One is now North America's oldest operating roller coaster, and top three in the world.

12. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Oooh... good one. I don't know. :p I want to say no (partly cos I want to spite VR in every way possible), but I would allow a stand-up to floorless conversion to count and therefore think VR probably counts as a new "experience". :emoji_zipper_mouth: it, yeah, you can claim New for 2017 points for VR.
    I was only counting tallest, fastest and longest as the records. The only thing that puts me off oldest is it's much harder to verify. For example, Wild One originally opened in 1917 in Paragon Park, however it was relocated to Six Flags America and reopened in 1986. However, RCDB only lists it's opening at 1986. In fact, searching RCDB for the original opening date of Wild One isn't that straightforward. I suspect collecting up all these stats will be much harder for me to verify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_One_(roller_coaster)
    https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&st=93&pl=1&page=1&order=8

I think for 2017, no points for oldest, but maybe something I'll look at for 2018...

13. Hyde

Hyde Matt SR Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Ravine Flyer II
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    @Hixee Makes sense on keeping records to "the big 3". I'll revise my ballot for the VR mention. :)

14. IG9887

IG9887 Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Knoebels
    Coaster Count:
    Ok so lets say for example I have a season pass to a park, and I go to that park everyday for a week, leave and reenter the park every single day, and ride everything I possibly can everyday even though some of them are repeats from the past days. Given that situation, would I have to edit the points to a one time deal or would they count for each day I visited that park in separate entries?

15. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Nope, each trip each day counts.

There have been many people scoring points for visiting the same park over multiple days. The only time you should group trips together is if you do the same park multiple times in one day. For example, if you went to Universal's Islands of Adventure in the morning, Studios in the afternoon, and back to IoA in the evening, then you should group the IoA stuff together.

16. Edward M

Edward M Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Tokyo Disneysea
    Coaster Count:
    If you visit a water park (that doesn't feature any roller coasters), can you still use that visit for points and just use the waterpark visited option?

17. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    If you visit a park with a waterpark (for example, Holiday World) then you get both waterpark AND park points. You can claim for attractions ridden at the park, but cannot claim any points for any attractions ridden at the waterpark.

If you visit a standalone waterpark (for example, Siam Park) then you only get waterpark points. Again, you cannot claim any points for any attractions ridden at the waterpark.

If you visit a standalone waterpark WITH a cred (for example, Yas Waterworld) then you only get waterpark points, but you can claim the roller coaster. That park is, by any logical definition, a water park. This falls under the "common sense" type rule, and will be somewhat at the Mods discretion. :p

So in answer to your question, you would only be allowed to claim the visit points for a waterpark.

18. GuyWithAStick

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    How would you count Employee events? Would it be counted like a normal day, or as a work visit(even if you don't work)?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

19. Hixee

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    I'll allow Employee events as "normal" visits. Although can I ask that you make a note of it in the submission, just so I can keep track of it? It won't affect your points.

20. TLARides

TLARides Member

Best Coaster:
    The Smiler
    Best Park:
    Kings Island
    Coaster Count:
    Okay. Exactly how does all of this work?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk