What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In defense of the 287 height giga discrepency: Apollo's Chariot, Phantom's Revenge, X2, Superman (SFA) all have heights below 200 ft. but drops above 200 ft. In turn, Manhattan Express, Goliath (SFOG), and Wild Eagle have heights above 200 ft. and drops below 200 ft. All in, the drop height is what we define and classify a roller coaster as, be it a hyper or giga coaster. Actual coaster height is irrelevant in that regard.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well, the best we can hope for in a few years time is an RMC Son Of Beast now. If this is underwhelming, then that'll be better lol!
But honestly, for the GP, this is perfect. Giga lovers...eh? 50/50
You. Can't. R. M. C. A. COASTER. THAT. HAS. ALREADY. BEEN. ****ING. DEMOLISHED.

STOP WITH THE BULL SHIZ!

Now let's throw some topper on Beast and get those trims gone and we can talk about Beast being worth riding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You. Can't. R. M. C. A. COASTER. THAT. HAS. ALREADY. BEEN. ****ING. DEMOLISHED.

STOP WITH THE BULL SHIZ!

Now let's throw some topper on Beast and get those trims gone and we can talk about Beast being worth riding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No I don't mean RMCing a dead Coaster...a similar layout to Son of Beast but just RMC's take on it

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I don’t see what the gripe is honestly. Maybe because it’s my home park and I’ll be spending all next summer on it but I think it looks like a solid ride. Kind of reminds me of Raging Bull 2.0 with the emphasis on charging in and out of tall elements with airtime in between.

Also, sorry but it’s a giga. Tallest drop height, from flat on top to flat on bottom, is the “official” height of the coaster in my book. It’s much like Outlaw Run, which has a lift that’s fairly short but drops down a hillside.

It looks like a mid-tier giga that’ll be a great addition to our lineup. Also, space nerd over here so I’ve been gushing about the theme since it was announced. :p

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks like a pretty solid B&M. Should have a few great elements there. Nice big ol' drop, couple of great airtime hills, nice setting. I'm not a big fan of the ampersand and overbank ending... the ampersand could be forceful I guess.

I'm a bit concerned about the treble clef. It's the best element on Fury but here the shaping seems a little different. It doesn't seem like there's much of a pull out on top compared to Fury's, so I'm not sure if there'll be much negative g's right there.

It should be a really fun ride. The layout could've been a bit better but I understand they kind of need to go for some variety rather than just big hill after bit hill. Gotta differentiate it from Diamondback.

Really hoping they get their **** together and avoid the "Kings Island rattle." Ughh, rattling through those valleys at 90 mph doesn't sound good.

Matt N

CF Legend
Even though we've known the basic gist of the layout for a while now due to the blueprints, I still think this looks like a really fun coaster! Fury and Leviathan both get really good reviews, so I don't see why this wouldn't either!

As for the "is it a giga?" debate, I'd personally say yes because it has a 300ft drop. Anyway, stats mean very little, surely? Orion will probably be an absolutely fantastic ride; surely the statistics won't mean anything if the ride experience is fantastic?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Beat me to it ?

I'm now looking forward to the B&M Sierra Cosworth.

It'll be fine. There's a few nice airtime hills, some of which will be sideways, and it'll be loads better than Firehawk.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^Beat me to it ?

I'm now looking forward to the B&M Sierra Cosworth.

It'll be fine. There's a few nice airtime hills, some of which will be sideways, and it'll be loads better than Firehawk.
When this is a plus point you know it's a bit ??
Looks so bloody short, look how high up that brake run is. Yay Giga, but there's so much more that could have been done.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I know it's a bit late to point this out, but yesterday while at CP I spotted a poster somewhere around one of the theaters that talked about something in Cincinnati needing volunteers, so apparently CP's been teasing this thing too.

I couldn't get a photo of the poster itself (I was getting in line for Maverick, and a trip report will follow on that later), and I had completely forgotten about the poster when I had gotten off the ride.

All this is kinda irrelevant right now, but I guess in the future we can always look to CP for more teasers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think we've been asking for it for years and they absolutely delivered. A KIGA! #kiga
Really looking forward to this. It is actually in my top three bucket list coasters (Zadra and Steel Vengence included)

Snoo

The Legend
Honestly, I think we've been asking for it for years and they absolutely delivered. A KIGA! #kiga
Really looking forward to this. It is actually in my top three bucket list coasters (Zadra and Steel Vengence included)

Did they? Do you think so? As much as I don't like ATI.. he has a point..

Yeah it literally is Leviathan 2.0. Knowing what it could have been, it is very underwhelming

I've been on Leviathan and it's so underwhelming it hurt. And with Fury coming out years ago now.. I would have expected more tbh. With all the innovation not only in the industry but with B&M in the last decade, this feels like a step down in comparison to their other big rides which have continually gotten better.

Will it be BAD? Hell no, it will be fun. But did I expect more? Definitely.