What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Apparently the Kiga track at Clermont has been painted. First person to get a picture of it gets a cookie

DA470A0E-3DD9-4565-98EC-6F3B7B0ABE83.thumb.jpeg.d1fe58531d4fe716b0b3f51bbd178b5e.jpeg

From XBeastGirlX on the Kings Island Central Forums. What kind of cookie is it? ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think the blue track may be for the giga. Food for thought......
(Yes, I think so too. make another pass of my previous two posts, and add /sarcasm after each one. ;) )

Honestly excited at the prospect of a blue Giga, especially as nice color complement to the Kings Island skyline (Inverto teal, Drop Tower multi-color, Banshee purple, Diamondback red)

EDIT: Can we also appreciate that Son of Beast is still in the Google Maps 3D render?

Capture.JPG

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What Mac said. We'll certainly see more photos sooner or later that confirm or deny the lighter blue undertone.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
What is it with Kings Island and blue coasters?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I mean, apart of Banshee's and Invertigo's supports (and if you count Pipe Scream as a coaster per say), there isn't any other blue coaster at the park, so I don't see the problem here. Plus, that blue on the new giga is delicious?

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Fenix Blue, beautiful color. I can't see a definitive lighter blue for the bottom accent, seems to me it could be just the light reflecting. Either way, that blue is hot<3

I would love for them to copy Fenix's color scheme with brown supports, but I don't think they're going with brown for a space theme.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
In regards to the pacing comments above, I've made the plans manually in Planet Coaster and for me it's running at roughly Fury's pacing with about Leviathan's ride time. Might post it once I make it more presentable.

We have track!

Kings-Island-giga-2020-roller-coaster-track-003.jpg

Kings-Island-giga-2020-roller-coaster-track-004.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/k...n67tHvAItBE6fMTHDaVWn1TxOIoG8mD6rfWY_8sfHcDoE

Personally I love that blue color, it'll look gorgeous rising up behind Racer's whitewashed truss and look nice and regal from the highway. Can't wait to drive up to the park and have it give the same visual impression Fury and Leviathan give their respective parks!

(Ironically, I have a 2012 souvenir bottle that has B&M track in almost that exact color. All this hype and our giga had been confirmed by a damn water bottle all along. :p )

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Another fun night at the park for Grand Carnivale tonight (which I must admit was an incredible time!) and nabbed some kiga construction photos before a thunderstorm started atop the Eiffel Tower!

5b16c5639e85e833edd94ab47545930f.jpg

Storm and a coaster on the horizon!

d9fab7d906ff2126651c100769ba6cbc.jpg

The old Firehawk plot is where most of the changes have been going on. We have transfer track footers and some roped off triangular area!

2729629c0e39d32006b2c20e4781ad4f.jpg

Also saw some more equipment doing something further back in the clearing, probably just more tree removal.

74f1d58679fde288a2dab4d24986c9c5.jpg

And then it started raining and they cleared the sky deck and we weren’t in the first elevator down so that meant chilling 270 feet up in the air as the rain and wind picked up. Good thing too, second we got on the ground we heard a deafening crack of lightning that supposedly struck Banshee not too far away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk