What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
My hopes would be that it is a) not ruining something good they already have and b) isn't just a scare maze or random retheme or something, but it's likely to be the latter. I get the impression it's not a cred but who knows.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
it seems like whatever is going to happen will be in the area near the beast (maybe tomb raider is going to re open?!)

Imagine! That would be a crazy troll that people would actually love. Easy to hide preparations as well. They used the word "vault" but I assume that's just nothing.
Putting on logical hat here: Wasn't it a mechanical nightmare or am I making that up?

That is like the old town or whatever font right? And it clearly says something is returning which kind of steers away from the retheme or refurbishment thing. This is such an epic troll hahah.

Imagine if someone had just made the scrapbook. The printed page looks quite professional though.

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
I'd die if Tomb Raider came back I'm not even joking.

I'm super intrigued by whatever this is and totally in love with KI and CF's marketing teams, they're so good.

My money is on the midway refurbishment though, nothing more.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
this video will explain why they closed it
I watched it ages ago but cba to watch it all again. (googles) "reached the end of it's service life". I suppose they could get a new one in, sounds like lots of effort. But imagine!

Double post but:The one about it having been a couple of years but something is missing implies that the attraction left between 2004 and 2006.

So......antique cars it is then.
(key fits this too, as do the cogs and "mom let me drive my own car".)

So, there you have it.

Last edited:

iac17

Mega Poster
The one about it having been a couple of years but something is missing implies that the attraction left between 2004 and 2006.
2006 is when cedar fair acquired paramount's park's (that's the only main difference i found that occurred in that period)

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Well this is big news! On August 7th the park submitted a Notice of Commencement to the Warren County Recorder for work contracts from 2018-2020, and guess who is listed? None other than B&M is mentioned. Take a look! http://coaster-nation.com/documents-indicate-new-coaster-coming-to-kings-island/

Let actual Giga speculation begin:emoji_imp:
If it’s not a giga, a lot of people are gonna be pissed and I’m not talking about just coaster enthusiasts but the locals. The locals love KI and I’m pretty sure a good amount of the are aware of this rumor. It’d honestly be a crime if it’s not a giga lol. We can rule out dive, wing, standup, inverted, flyer, and hyper because KI already has 3 of those type of coasters, stand ups aren’t popular anymore, and a dive and wing are pretty self explanatory. The reason why a dive, wing, and floorless would be ruled out as well is because CP is literally in the same state and not too far away. Plus CW just got a dive coaster so I don’t think it would be that either.

Matt N

CF Legend
Maybe this is hinting at some sort of RMC redo of Racer? Not necessarily an Iron Horse, but maybe they're getting RMC to repair it, as Wikipedia says that they've repaired and added Topper Track to many woodies. Besides, remember when Fred Grubb was seen at Kings Island?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I definitely hope/think they'll get a B&M wing around 2020. It will have been 3 years since their last coaster, and as more evidence comes out, I think the chances will be more likely.
I hope not. There may be a bunch of Wing Coasters being built in Asia at the moment but the last install in the US was 3 years ago, would be nice if it stayed that way personally.
There's space for one in between Beast and Intimidator but then you have another coaster going out of the main park, and Wings do look excellent offride.
As much as a Wing would add to the diversity of the park, so would an Intamin/Mack LSM multi launcher or a Ground up RMC.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added one in 2020, but considering the possible alternatives, I'd be disappointed.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Whoops, I meant to type giga not wing. I've corrected it. I think they could get a giga in 2020. But a wing is also likely, a dive potentially.

Last edited: