End
Of
The
World
Is
Near
Kings
Island

Someone else mentioned it, but that makes the most sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
With regards to the lineup discussion... Banshee is actually the worst B&M invert. It’s okay. Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, and Beast are the only worthwhile rides there at this point.

You guys better ride the Kiga when it opens because that thing is gonna be rattly as **** in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
Banshee is okay but it's still better than inverts like Silver Bullet, Patriot, and Talon at least.
Can't speak for Silver Bullet or Patriot, but Talon is for sure better than Banshee. Quality ride that is.

Y'all just need to go ride Nemesis.

emoo

Hyper Poster
No, its a strangely highly opinionated ride - as is the entire park.

I thoroughly enjoyed my one and only visit and hope to go back to get on the Kiga in whatever form it takes. Will also gladly get to reride the others, shame Firehawk wont be there but at least Vortex might be (another hot potato).

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Am I the only one who thinks Banshee's a solid ride...?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
No. I still have banshee as my favorite or 2nd favorite invert.

As for Kiga, this teaser campaign is interesting. Though truthfully it doesn't matter as i'm sure it'll be a great ride even if it isn't everything the fanboys want

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Banshee is my second invert, only behind Afterburn, but I haven't been on any of the East Coast monsters.

If the rattle and inline weren't there, it would be my number one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Banshee is quite a polarizing ride among the community. I also have it ranked as one of my top inverts, but there are quite a few people that just do not like the enormous elements and constant high G's that the ride offers. To each their own.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Made a very quick pop in and out of the park today to nab some construction photos!

f121ead7507b2d66ab9c91da895c612c.jpg

Footers are now going in. We have footers for the turn back into the station and the transfer track poured and ready to go. They can be seen both from up on Eiffel Tower and between fence slats in X-Base.

a6a8c01116f1dbc06c2f89a163900888.jpg

Enthusiasts lose it over dirt, go nuts over concrete, and the second it goes vertical it looks slow/rough.

9c30ab1ce2bf2c81d63e7ce7511f0fb0.jpg

It looks like we’re maybe a third to half done with footers from what’s visible? They’re all over the place, some are done but some are still holes in the ground.

5a687f6396b0b094a161e1135fcbacc2.jpg

Work up by Racer’s turnaround seems to be taking shape as well. Footers are popping up in various stages of completion.

7bf4da45767ac0ed9d583b8756fe5a5e.jpg

Got some special deliveries on site! Can’t wait until there’s big blue steel pieces here!

8f68ab1026bcc7718686acbe9db15ca0.jpg

This one you can clearly see the almond-shaped holes in the footers, which should kill any remaining doubt its B&M.

She’s looking good and they’re making quick work of it! Wonder if it’ll be like Mystic where we were walking around on Last Rides night with a nearly completed lift hill towering over Rivertown. Or Copperhead where there was a shiny new coaster ready to show off but not operate during Winterfest. Cedar Fair’s build speed usually impresses me these days and this is no exception. Can’t wait for things to really get interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peet

Giga Poster
So here's a little bit of teasing fun

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/cjsl5s
The KI marketing team are having a lot of fun with this one, here's the petition wording:
It’s time Kings Island provides us with answers about what’s happening behind the construction fence in Coney Mall!

The area of the park in question has long been rumored to be the storage facility for extraterrestrial space flight technology, and a proving ground for aviation innovation. Fences were installed in late 2018 in an effort to prevent public access and create a cloak of secrecy and conspiracy never before seen.

Now the public is demanding answers. We are petitioning Kings Island, and its owners, Cedar Fair, to reveal what is happening. To date, no one at the park has commented publicly on the access restrictions, but cryptic messages have begun to appear implying it’s almost the ‘end’. Satellite and aerial footage have revealed construction, but of what? How long can this go on without public intervention and knowledge?

Sign this petition today to let Kings Island know they can't keep secrets any longer! Without your support- these questions may never be answered!