What's new

Kings Island: New Flat Ride in Coney Mall?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I'm attending my first Halloween Haunt tonight (that post will come later) and while on my way to the "Killmart" I spotted this fence and the old game building being torn apart.

I've heard talk about them bringing back the antique cars, could this be it? Or are we getting a new flat ride for 2018?
bdef8b60bd5d4d299bbae78baad12602.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Rumor is that it's either Antique Cars or a smokehouse restaurant in the dry park similar to the one we just got in Soak City.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
More construction photos, no footers or signs of parts yet, but the building itself is now gone.
f064792ebd53d21b03331c1dfa8a3f43.jpg
652a102a36b0594f0226f018703f9990.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Antique Cars are still the top rumor.... whatever that means.

Jarrett

Leaving Last Rides last night my ACE rep and I found this truck toting a few pallets of wood around in the parking lot.

b4pxWSp.jpg

Thinking that if it was antique cars this lumber wouldn't be needed until way later when the station goes up, so if it's here now I'm guessing it's probably for the skeleton of, you guessed it, a smokehouse.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'm totally fine with a smokehouse. The major thing every generic (Cedar Fair, Six Flags, ect.) park needs is a place with good food!
But 2 in the same park/development? Could be the fact that Soak City closes sooner than the Land park.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
The area seems a little small for either a Antique Car or Skywarp, but the Twitter post by the Skywarp designers makes me think that they'll be adding a new area where Dinosaurs Alive! used to be?

It's a thought. Anything can happen between now and next season.

Jarrett

^ The Skyline post was because Jeff Pike of Skyline worked on the design of Mystic Timbers, SFDK was on there to talk about the Skywarp.

^^A common piece of constructive criticism I keep hearing is that they need the same thing in the dry park because people like it so much. The food there was comparable to Carowinds's Harmony Hall when I went there this summer, same type of BBQ and the like. I know they kept it open during Snoopy's Halloween Party.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
A photo from last night's Winterfest. They left the gate open and I got a sneak peak.

Looking at the length of the fence, I can't help but think that this has to be the antique cars making a comeback.

I keep looking at the foundation and I think there's a bunch of space somewhere in front of it. How much space does one restaurant need?
8a5e8bedbf6e92e11fa3aa1276d5252e.jpg

Jarrett

That's gotta be a prank, there's no way that Cedar Fair would give up such a big money maker for an arcade.

Actually I've been told the reason Mystic Timbers just has that little mobile kiosk is because Banshee's gift shop doesn't make any money. They didn't want to invest in a permanent building because in the event Mystic's wasn't profitable either they could just roll the stand away, as opposed to something like Banshee's that can't be removed.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Actually I've been told the reason Mystic Timbers just has that little mobile kiosk is because Banshee's gift shop doesn't make any money. They didn't want to invest in a permanent building because in the event Mystic's wasn't profitable either they could just roll the stand away, as opposed to something like Banshee's that can't be removed.
But that means they've just removed the photos from the ride.

Jarrett

Banshee’s photos are still there, it’s the retail in the front of the shop that isn’t.