What's new

Kings Island | Mystic Timbers | GCI Wooden Coaster

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
It's slightly different each time
If they were going to do something like this it should have been before before the lift hill not after.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
156c4c0e5d78e6be71bf68d98b6232c8_image-inbetweeners-memes-will_500-275.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What's in the shed?

The inside of a shed.

What a load of tosh. At least the coaster looks half decent before it!

ThemeCrafter264

Roller Poster
You know when you are told to expect something spectacular, you do tend to expect it to actually be spectacular, or at least interesting, not something completely underwhelming.

jodon1981

Roller Poster
I actually like what Kings Island did in "The Shed!" No, it's not thrilling, but KI decided to give their guests something to do while on the break run instead of blankly staring at the train in front of them wondering why it's taking so long for the train to dispatch.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I actually like what Kings Island did in "The Shed!" No, it's not thrilling, but KI decided to give their guests something to do while on the break run instead of blankly staring at the train in front of them wondering why it's taking so long for the train to dispatch.
Yeah, I agree that it's a lovely way to keep guests entertained on the brake run...but it's hardly spectacular. And the wrong way round.

A pre show is great. It sets the scene and helps to get the adrenaline pumping. An after show, though? WTF? I'd wager that most guests on the final brake run, if not all, discuss how great the ride was, what they liked and how pumped up they feel. I've had conversations like that plenty of times on brake runs that I don;t even realise it's taking a long time to return to the station.

What this ****ing shed thing does is make rides think "oh, something good is about to happen". Instantly, the entire focus is on the next few minutes and what might happen. WHAT IS THIS BUILDING UP TO?!! The main part, the ride itself, is then quickly forgotten. And after the ****ing shed, riders exit the ride. Nah, mate. WTF. That woudl leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, or at least a "meh" feeling about the ride. I have no doubt that the tech inside the ****ing shed is great and it's well executed, but I think it's too much of a distraction from the ride itself, doesn't really add much to the experience and dampens the mood slightly. Why not have lights, music, special effects and screens when it returns to the station. Yes, I am disappointed.

As for the ride itself, well, blow me sideways. I think it looks fab. Judging by the reporters "hair time", there are some good pops of airtime and it has brilliant pace. I really liked the look of the tunnel, too. What a smashing ride and I'm right it looks more entertaining than the Beast.

But that shed. That ****ing shed.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
This must be a hoax. I reckon there will be a show piece involving the tree from the logo however it was turned off in the media video to screw with people.

I probably sound like a mug but I was so certain everyone would share this opinion when I saw the video!

Edward M

Strata Poster
This is so similar to Adventure Express with its hyped up ending then turn into the station. It's weird that Kings Island will have 2 rides now with endings that should have been at the beginning when most parks have 0 rides like that.

Seriously, this is some f**king s**t. It would be fine if the main marketing campaign wasn't about "what's in the shed?" It's honestly so irritating. This would be a nice little themed ending that I would like had it not been the supposed main draw for the ride. Sigh, well, at least we have another decent GCI. Yay?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
It's slightly different each time
If they were going to do something like this it should have been before before the lift hill not after.
You're kidding, right? They use the song "Maneater" or whatever it's called, then a projection of a stupid animation?

All this #whatsintheshed and we get "Hey look! Another Adventure Express!"

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Mitchell

Roller Poster
As overhyped and underwhelming the reveal was, I would like to see this done more because your right it manages to add a degree of enjoyment to the most dull part of the ride. I just hope they don't advertise it to :emoji_zipper_mouth: making people speculate new elements or mechanits.

Lofty

CF Legend
I ****ing love it hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha.

I feel humbled to have guessed that it would be something pretty lame from the beginning, but it's sort of exceeded my expectations. Also, if anyone is interested, Holovis were the company that provided the media at the end.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
This must be a hoax. I reckon there will be a show piece involving the tree from the logo however it was turned off in the media video to screw with people.
There are three different videos that play on the big screen at the front and the smaller "windows" on the sides of the shed - bats, snakes and the tree.
You're kidding, right? They use the song "Maneater" or whatever it's called, then a projection of a stupid animation?
Maneater is just one of the songs. There are over 1000 different song/video variations, so each time you ride you're likely to see or hear something different than the last.

davidm

Strata Poster
Can't help but think had they not hyped the shed up with all that "whats in the shed" nonsense then we'd be here now raving about the silly-ending to a fab (looking) ride rather than obsessing about it being a big crappy letdown.

I think its fine ; something silly at the end of a ride while you get your breath - like the idea of lots of variations on it but its just some entertaining nonsense to finish the ride with.

Honestly, what did we expect to be in a shed, a drop tower or something? ;)

TLARides

Hyper Poster
There are three different videos that play on the big screen at the front and the smaller "windows" on the sides of the shed - bats, snakes and the tree.
Maneater is just one of the songs. There are over 1000 different song/video variations, so each time you ride you're likely to see or hear something different than the last.
That's... actually really interesting...

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I like the sound of this too, was anyone really expecting more than some screens and audio?
I expected more theming than a radio and a big tree, but the shed when I rode it on Preview Night was amazing.