What's new

Kings Island | Mystic Timbers | GCI Wooden Coaster

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn't realize Mystic Timbers' turnaround would run directly by the railroad and railroad maintenance shed. Should afford some great views!

Also appears that there will be 5 cross-overs with White Water Canyon.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Any idea #whatsintheshed yet? It's the only thing I'm really interested about tbh.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This #whatsintheshed marketing buzz is way too similar to AT's supposed surprise element on Smiler before the first lift hill. Good way to hype things up only to find out that it was basically a block brake.

At the most, it will be glorified transfer shed with walls and maybe a light show?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Not a chance. If it were a drop track, we'd have seen pictures of a gigantic steel structure being installed from these flyovers. At best it'll be some dark ride section to allow for better operations for the 3 trains.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This #whatsintheshed marketing buzz is way too similar to AT's supposed surprise element on Smiler before the first lift hill. Good way to hype things up only to find out that it was basically a block brake.

At the most, it will be glorified transfer shed with walls and maybe a light show?

That surprise element was only ever created by enthusiasts who thought the secret feature must be something inside the building a la Th13teen.

From the park themselves, they focused very little on it being a world first / world beating coaster for the most part, instead focusing on the theme itself.

Ireeb

Mega Poster

What about the heartline roll? I think it is pretty surprising if you don't expect it.

TLARides

Hyper Poster

I was thinking this would turn out like Th13teen. They hype to coaster up a bunch, and it's big "surprise" is nothing big at all.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A bit of press news, which more importantly featured some gorgeous photos of the lift hill and drop: http://www.journal-news.com/news/ki...ion-before-first-ride/HxxRf7fPzWtHIdJQUNDzqL/

newsEngin.17800513_MT_Constr_1113-089.jpg

newsEngin.17800513_MT_Constr_1113-102.jpg