What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

Mitchell

Roller Poster
As long as it can be pronounced without causing an argument for the next 10 minutes when you see the sign, then I'm fine with the upside down T's.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So with an August 16 announcement - that means Cedar Fair is announcing all their 2018 rides on the same date. (Alongside Silver Dollar City)

CF Social Media Team will be working overload. :p

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
20495536_10203486688604830_128111159_o.jpg

20447171_10203486695244996_1746018995_o.jpg

20446213_10203486536761034_741708774_o.jpg

source

Sythe

Mega Poster
^ They aren't exactly full size. The tallest one is about 40 feet. But they will definitely be absolutely insane.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If those hills are anything like the first hill on Storm Chaser, they're going to be fabulous. :D

Fizpez

Roller Poster
We were at Kings Dominion for the first time last week. After watching (in person) the progress on Cedar Points Mean Streak RMC I was "shocked' by how small the Hurler RMC looked - I never rode the original so I have nothing to go on but from Windseeker it looked like almost the entire coaster was going to be very low to the ground - which could be awesome - but I felt like if you were going to build so much of it that close to the ground enclosing a lot of the grounded regions would really add to the excitement.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The ejector hills back there have been up since I was there in June. They're closer to being bunny hops then full on hills but they all look almost identical and should be insane.

Sythe

Mega Poster
^ Steel? As in the Nylon wheels? I thought the polyurethane wheels are supposed to be better.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Steel? As in the Nylon wheels? I thought the polyurethane wheels are supposed to be better.

No, if I meant Nylon I'd have said Nylon...

Storm Chaser started with Polyurethane Wheels, then moved on to Nylon wheels in the later part of last year and now runs with forged steel wheels. Just look at a POV from when it opened to now and you'll see why the steel wheels are better (less friction).

vaugc002

Mega Poster
No, if I meant Nylon I'd have said Nylon...

Storm Chaser started with Polyurethane Wheels, then moved on to Nylon wheels in the later part of last year and now runs with forged steel wheels. Just look at a POV from when it opened to now and you'll see why the steel wheels are better (less friction).

Woah just watched a POV from before and after and it really flies now! I had no idea RMCs could get faster tbh...