What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Kentucky Flyer | Gravity Group Family Wooden

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Huh, forgot Kentucky was a commonwealth.

Amusement parks are no brainer businesses to support from a state level, given the economic driver they can be. Glad the Governor helped expedite things.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Short answer, is very likely.

Long(er) answer is why didn't they avoid that patch of land in the first place? I'd have tried to work a coaster in to the available area. I wonder if there's a reason get can't push closer to the go kart track?
It's a strange one. Seems almost like a bit of a power struggle is getting in the way of the project tbh.

Snoo

The Legend
It's a strange one. Seems almost like a bit of a power struggle is getting in the way of the project tbh.

If you remember anything about the original KK closing and the battle to get this one going, you wouldn't be surprised. For some stupid reason, state (and local) fair parks and their boards are hilariously stupid and wield WAY too much power for the minuscule jobs they inhabit.

But.. this being Ed Hart:

MiserlyNarrowCopepod-size_restricted.gif

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm certainly pleased to see that they were able to resolve the stalemate quickly and can move forward with construction! Although this situation brings up an interesting thought...if the relationship between the board and the park deteriorates further, what would it take for Kentucky Kingdom to relocate? Would Ed Hart be willing to put in the time and spend the money to relocate the park elsewhere in the greater Louisville area? Is there anything in the contract that would prevent this from happening? All interesting questions that we'll almost certainly never know an answer.

Peet

Giga Poster
That is the briefest "behind the scenes" video I've ever seen! Worth a watch though, the trains are nice for a family coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I really like these. I really want one of those low-level close up POV type shots (thinking a bit like the ones Upstop Media did on Lightning Rod) with that little plane in view, it'll look really cool twisting ahead of the train - even if only subtly.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I only see 11 moments of airtime, not 12. Unless they are counting the first drop.
I agree with you there, I think they must be counting the first drop. Which is fair enough, I'd say!