What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They coudl turn that pylon into a Intamin Gen 1 drop tower thing.

pluk

Roller Poster
the king said:
The tallest electric pylon I have ever seen.

2013-11-15142536_zps87333816.jpg

Likely to be the tallest one you ever see, it's the tallest one in the uk dontyaknow! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerline_ ... ed_Kingdom

peep

CF Legend
Yeah but even if it does happen it's a slow process, I doubt we're likely to see anything on that site for still a couple more years. Didn't we all assume the one in Spain was dead because a few years of nothing happening on site? Pretty sure I read that ground clearing has started for that site. I'm not saying it will happen but it was announced before they even had all the financial shizz together so give them a couple of years still imo.

Edit: just re-read the article on the first page. It was posted 13 months ago and it says they were going to take 12-18 months in just planning, evaluating and talking to the local council. So yeah, we're definitely still years away from seeing anything happen, if it does go ahead. Gah, everyone is always so negative.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Yep, if it is going to go ahead, planning for such a large-scale project is likely to take several years.
You might see some people hanging around doing surveying, but I can't imagine that would be very exciting anyway.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
planning for such a large-scale project is likely to take several years.
And how long do you think it's going to take to build a park of this scale?

We're 5 years away from the proposed opening date.

Lofty

CF Legend
I just think a lot of people are being rather pessimistic about this project already when in reality, if it gets the go ahead (which I have a strong feeling it will), it will actually be the best park experience in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Joey said:
planning for such a large-scale project is likely to take several years.
And how long do you think it's going to take to build a park of this scale?

We're 5 years away from the proposed opening date.

But when do projects EVER open when they say they will (especially with UK levels of bureaucracy).
That is just a potential opening date. They can't possibly give you a realistic opening date until they have actually planned the thing (taking into account land acquisition, environmental constraints, working with the local council and residents, etc.) The building itself I would expect to be 'relatively quick'.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It takes almost that long to construct one mediocre coaster in the UK.

I recon it would take more like 4-6 years to construct.

spicy

Giga Poster
That is pretty huge if one of the main reasons that the government have ruled that route out is due to the planned park. Must mean that the government have seen some pretty strong evidence that the park has a very good chance of going ahead.

Also means that potential investors now wont be put off by that planned route ruining the plans for the park.

Still holding out hope that this happens!

davidm

Strata Poster
OK so keep an eye on this 15,000 home garden-city that George Osborne has been on about today;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26600689

...the plans announced by the chancellor would cover three core sites - Eastern Quarry, Ebbsfleet station and Swanscombe peninsula, which had a capacity for 15,000 homes.
The key thing being "Swanscombe peninsula", which is the site for the park.

Lofty

CF Legend
The Labour peer heads the think tank Centre for London and speaking in February he hailed it as an “excellent location” and huge potential with the proposed development of the Paramount theme park on the Swanscombe Peninsula.

Worth quoting too.

Lofty

CF Legend
The article says as 'inch basically, government sources and political parties have even referred to the project as still happening.

marc

CF Legend
Yep that's what they were saying on the news as well, it's all part of the plans for the area and will give locals jobs.