What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Kennywoodfan

Roller Poster
I think most people would agree with this, the problem is the cost of those companies could be way more then PR would be willing to spend, even with the likely (and assumed) contribution from the Steelers Organization. At this point I think we all need to stop thinking about what it could have been if X,Y, or Z was different and just look forward to what we have coming and hope it turns out well and doesn't suffer from issues some other S&S rides have.
I personally am looking forward to it (of course with kennywood being my home park) I just can’t trust s&s especially after riding gale force (felt like it was going to fall apart) however they are still better than Togo lol

Kennywoodfan

Roller Poster
If you compare the two different types of track on skyrocket to the two types of track on this Coaster, you would notice the designs are nearly identical

You guys know the animations aren't always spot on. Look at Storm Chasers and how trash that looked, I'm sure there wont be that many awful transitions...after the track is replaced.

This is marketed to the locals, not anyone else. If you don't like the Steelers [like 90% of NFL fans] then this is a total turn off with those ugly ass colors. The name is iconic for that team and the sport, so obviously it misses the mark for non Americans, but is perfect for :emoji_poop:tsburgh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What is your problem with the city? The Coaster is Still is nicer looking than Globelife Park or whatever it’s called.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snoo

The Legend
If you compare the two different types of track on skyrocket to the two types of track on this Coaster, you would notice the designs are nearly identical

What is your problem with the city? The Coaster is Still is nicer looking than Globelife Park or whatever it’s called.

It's Pittsburgh? I mean.. that's all you need to say.

Snoo

The Legend
That doesn’t make any sense though.

Well you're from Pittsburgh so you should know. I'm from Youngstown and I know exactly what it's like. Every city has good and bad.. unfortunately, especially for sports fans, Pittsburgh has been tainted by those who root for their sports teams.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I'm a Dallas transplant, so good try. PNC Park is absolutely gorgeous. Just because you put lipstick on a pig, doesn't make it not a pig.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
This is going to look disgusting

Snapchat-643191210.jpg

That looks disgustingly, filthily, hedonistically good, is what it looks like. This will put Kennywood easily above Dorney as PA parks go, thus making it the clear #2 in the state

S&S is probably gonna get it wrong at first, but it’ll be fine after a year or so. I’m excited

Snoo

The Legend
That looks disgustingly, filthily, hedonistically good, is what it looks like. This will put Kennywood easily above Dorney as PA parks go, thus making it the clear #2 in the state

S&S is probably gonna get it wrong at first, but it’ll be fine after a year or so. I’m excited

It wasn't number 2 already? Short of Talon, Dorney doesn't really have any redeemable qualities. The park is a hit and quit. I could spend a half day or more as Kennywood (as I live relatively close and enjoy Waldy, I haven't done longer for the most part). The nostalgia, the rides, the food in general, all make Kennywood a great place to visit.

Kennywoodfan

Roller Poster
I love that picture. A coaster of that magnitude facing one of the most legendary coasters. It’s going to be crazy walking to the park and seeing that.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
It wasn't number 2 already? Short of Talon, Dorney doesn't really have any redeemable qualities. The park is a hit and quit. I could spend a half day or more as Kennywood (as I live relatively close and enjoy Waldy, I haven't done longer for the most part). The nostalgia, the rides, the food in general, all make Kennywood a great place to visit.

I think you're underrating Dorney. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for the Impulse coaster there

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Am I right by saying that the track for this being made by the company who re-tracked GaleForce? If it is, I'd assume this would also apply to Maxx Force as they look to have the exact same track style (probably S&S's new track style).

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Am I right by saying that the track for this being made by the company who re-tracked GaleForce? If it is, I'd assume this would also apply to Maxx Force as they look to have the exact same track style (probably S&S's new track style).
Yes, the track for this is made by Intermountain Lift. They also fabricated the track for Cannibal, Lightning Run, and Premier’s newer jobs.