What's new

Jarrett's Engineering Lab [RCT3]://Swamp Angel

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
pywJwiS.png

For centuries, Bayou Noire in Louisiana was known for being home to a community of voodoo followers that engaged in fiendish rituals on the regular. However, hundreds of years of black magic was recently put to an end in the early nineties when Bayou Noire was purchased by LCC, or Louisiana Crawfish Company. The residents were evicted and the swamp was turned into crawfishing grounds.

KG6tI8q.png

Every now and then, a night on the job will end with an LCC fan boat not returning to the cannery in the morning. Recently, two police officers that were patrolling the swamp looking out for anything suspicious went missing under mysterious circumstances. They told dispatch that their car had suddenly stopped working but they saw a light nearby. LCC supervisors instantly recognized these as the Will O' The Wisp, or Swamp Angels as their employees call them; unexplained balls of light that dance around the swamp at night. However, upon getting out of their cruiser to investigate, one of the policemen reported that the object was "heading into a decrepit shack, and it's not artificial." Their radios both cut out at that exact moment.

md62eXp.png

Now aware that these disappearances are likely no freak accident, LCC and Louisiana State Police have teamed up to organize three search parties to comb through the overgrown Bayou Noire in search of these policemen and any missing fishermen that may still be out there. Volunteers are asked to meet at the main LCC cannery where they will be assigned to either the green, purple, or red search party.

fRovkbN.png

Search parties containing roughly 24 people will be sent along the rotted wooden walkways of Bayou Noire at night equipped with a police radio and a walkie talkie, to communicate with the other search parties.

YRUtbgL.png

Swamp Angels, Will O' The Wisp, whatever you call them parties are being advised not to pursue them. Do not investigate them, do not chase them, ignore any suspicious lights.

wYURN0F.png

There could be anything hiding in the shadowy Bayou Noire...

gA9Pawu.png

Several LCC fishermen have confirmed the existence of the decrepit shack reported by the missing police officers, hidden deep within the swamp, allegedly it was one of the last properties evicted by LCC.

MeCMC8V.png

Whatever you do, #StayOuttaThatShack!

Well, looks like this is it! This will likely be my last major RCT project as I make the switch to Planet Coaster, but I do plan to still use the program regularly. So let's go out with a bang on this one! I absolutely adored Mystic Timbers and it's my new favorite coaster in my home state, so I wanted to do a coaster based on it. This ride will feature what is probably my best layout yet in RCT3, plenty of theming, and will include an actual engineering program that will allow you to play with the ride hardware for the shack sequence. I've had a ton of fun with it so far and I can't wait to show you all this insane layout and the sinister secret that I've hidden in the shack!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I wonder what ride this could possibly be based off of? Top thrill Dragster maybe? ;)
Nope, it's totally based off of Hersheypark Comet.

-x-

MGcQz8D.png

The green search party heads into the swamp, past this creepy abandoned pickup truck.

rJdqkbq.png

Off into the swamp...possibly never to come out.

CmiZwfC.png

Swamp Angel's first drop is a generic GCI twisting drop...

db6WASG.png

But it levels out just short of ground level, rises a bit, and enters the second half of what is essentially a large curved double down drop! Swamp Angel features three major firsts, the double down initial descent being the first.

rlKqRz9.png

The purple search party heads for the lift! The ride features heavily synced lift audio, a police scanner is heard up until the next train is on deck, then a voice clip is heard before a lift siren blasts the sound of the radio crapping out.

iD9tGui.png

The stairs from the ride provide a sick photo op of the turnaround into the main layout.

TwjYSKa.png

The silver search party heads back into the dispatch point... (I need to up the theming in the station, it looks like garbage in comparison to the heavy theming on the rest of the ride)

vS7k8X4.png

Swamp Angel blitzes through the dense swamp vegetation under a clear, starry, summer night. I was trying to give the ride a "hauntingly beautiful" vibe at night.

Ztae6xG.png

Haven't lit this yet but it should provide quite a unique scare at night.

OwJX9II.png

After the lift, double down drop, and first turnaround, the rest of the ride is just terrain action, skipping along the flat ground on the edge of Bayou Noire's sinister waters. You'll see that part of the ride in the next update!

ZsLmVx3.png

At the top of the lift, the last thing you hear is another search party over the radio telling everybody to get out of the swamp that instant and to stay out of that shack! #StayOuttaThatShack