What's new

ISON - [RLRides B&M Dive Coaster]- DOWNLOAD PAGE 2

bob_3_

Giga Poster
So been working on this for what feels like years. Quite frankly the hardest track work to get right, but I'm determined to make one of these (on the way to getting a full set of B&Ms made ;) ). This is mainly to start of showing the ride as it's one I want to see to completion. In these screens I've shown bit of layout and some track work. Also the ride's logo (still rough draft, I may change it a bit). I'm struggling to finalise the last half though to stay true to B&M yet bit of a twist to suggestions are welcome. Watch this space.

G46v1o.jpg

Yrx7YD.jpg

noYsFC.png

E6mkAq.png

71Ttef.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: ISON - [RLRides B&M Dive Coaster]

Looks really nice so far! I look forward to seeing what you do with the second half.

Nice idea to try do one of all of the B&Ms, which ones are you still left to do? I've always liked the idea of doing one of every coaster type, but just... no... :lol:

bob_3_

Giga Poster

So I've done a layout I like! Finally, it may look simple but I like the way it rides and it feels like a complete package.

qIMvJ4.jpg

And here's a view from the brake run of the zero-g.

LAUJzK.jpg

I'm just learning Sketchup ATM, have been for a while =/ so bare with as what i want to create may take some time, but i've started building a station building, it'll almost be Smiler inspired but bit prettier I hope with clean lines and industrial spacey stuff.

vOVXDb.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

That brake run is just amazing. <3

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with the station/theming.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

bob_3_

Giga Poster

oibVWj.png

Some painstaking fence work here, but it's slowly getting there. Excited to put a few ideas together.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Looking very nice!

bob_3_

Giga Poster

So been working around the first section of queue and a new lighting feature, gonna play around with it still, it may be simple, but hey I think I like it.

NCNCjd.jpg

Where the main entrance will be situated.

AmOeLm.jpg

Overview of new queue and theming feature.

I should start supporting soon too before it gets too complicated.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I love that near-miss!

The coaster looks really good so far! Keep it up!

Also, Neon lights will have to do. No natural light or light bulbs. Only neon lights for future stuff.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Started supporting the lift hill, quite hard with clearances but it's all good now. Decided I didn't like the arty boxy tunnel thing, so ditched it.

yq9V5K.jpg

Tight clearances under the lift

h7z6R8.jpg

Station progression =)

EActfG.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Here's a little video to see the coaster in action.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmt8PCEJxp4[/youtube]

And here's the ride with supports =).

g0ciXqy.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Here's an overview of the ride as it stands atm, still working on some fiddley bits around the queue line. Few points to point out here, the priority/disabled entrances to the left of the building, and been playing around with tie-spacing, it may be subtle but it makes me happy =)
KBe7nCr.jpg

Here's a view of the zero-g and disabled access.
9FvvsMY.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Truly great work! Can't wait to explore this ride in the sim!

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Small update, it's mainly details now, I expect it to be finished by early October.

TF96LOu.jpg

QWmQpbB.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

bob_3_ said:
This screenshot is fantastic. Probably one of the best NL2 screenshots I've ever seen. Brilliant!

bob_3_

Giga Poster

^ Haha cheers, I feel it's just us two in this forum but hey! can see the end of this project now, given myself a deadline, 12th Oct 2015

ZWdXtGH.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I think you might be right... :lol: Hopefully it's enough motivation to keep posting though - I appreciate the effort!

Nice, I look forward to exploring it myself.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I'm here! ISON looks fab and I've been following it for a while now, I just forget to tell you how good it is... :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster

lh7pvRZ.jpg

Welcome to ISON

Background

Feel the force of gravity as it plummets you to the ground in a 90 degree drop straight down and harness it's power as you swoop, dive and orbit through space. Named after the famous comet discovered in 2012, it's your mission to follow it's path in an experience you'll never forget.

Design

This B&M Dive Coaster is inspired by all the large scale models, including Griffon, SheiKra and Valravn. I've aimed to stay true to B&Ms style of layout design and shaping but with a slightly extended length. The theme and building was inspired by many space voyage films I've seen recently, with the main building taking notes from NASA's VAB.

Elements

Acsent (lift hill)
Top Corner
Hold Brake
Vertical Drop
Immelman
Orbit Turn
Dive Loop
MCBR
Second Dive (return mission)
Overbank
Zero-G Roll
Final Bend
Brakes

Notes:
Technically this is designed to have the new style 8-Seat Trains.

May I suggest back row left seat ;) I do advise walking through the queue for the full ride experience.

Massive Thank you to the following for helping me out and testing, Dave Ainsworth (for all the audio, scripts, testing and advice, this ride wouldn’t exist without you), Andre Northan (Sketchup Guru), Matt King (tester guy and general support). The Flux Rockpack and nSeven’s trees.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Andd here's the POV for you guys without NL2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNprWBFBWQQ[/youtube]