What's new

Is there a rhyme and a reason?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was having a mini discussion (discussionette) with Serena last night and rhyming words with Flamingoland came up.

Whenever I rhyme with Flamingoland, I can only come with negative words; bland, stand, remand or dammed.

The Serena mentioned Port Aventura... For that, I can only think of positive rhyming words; purer, alurer, ham curer and oak plank floorer.

I think this works psychologically for most parks - our perceptions of them alter our rhyme... Or maybe the parks mould to fit their name???

Alton Flowers - reminds me of Staffordshire in the spring
Thorpe Stark - the site of a murky Stains off the M25

Give it a go - see what rhymes you can get for parks and do they fit aptly?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Tragic Mountain is an easy one, because their operations are tragically offensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
To save anyone bothering with the cliché example...

Hayling Isbland,
Adventure Wonderbland,
Winter Wonderbland...

You get the idea, that'll do.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
It always rains when I go to Alton Showers!

Couples who get married there are Alton Vowers.

But couples who argue there are Alton Rowers.

Rita's launch sure uses a lot of Altons Powers.

When you go to Fright Night, it's Thorpe Dark.

The teeange lads there are having a Thorpe Lark.

You can't take dogs into Thorpe Bark.

There aren't many trees either at Thorpe Bark.

All the rides at Dollywood are jolly good.

Ok I'll stop now...I like this game! :D

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Kentucky Kingdump, as it's plain as day where they stopped trying.

HoliBae World, as it's purely fantastic.

Not really a rhyme, but Six Flags Great America has all of the Great rides, so all of the rides that aren't Great go to Six Flags not great America.

If you are confused with someone's statement, you will eventually say "Oh, I Cedar Point."

When you hear a rumor at a park, you must be at Hearsaypark.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I Walt Disney Hurled as I Walt Disney Whirled towards the entrance and saw the ticket price!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Blackpool Geyser Beach comes to mind too with all the waterworks.

Though I think this has got sillier than my intended serious psychological discussion :p

mouse

Giga Poster
furie said:
I think this works psychologically for most parks - our perceptions of them alter our rhyme... Or maybe the parks mould to fit their name??
This is absolutely true! For example, last time I was at Alton it was raining but also a very hot day, hence the Molten Showers. In fact the rain was so hot that all the plants were running away! The park was full of Boltin' Flowers.

Also when I was at Blackpool I noticed staff noting down amounts of cleaning liquid sensitively, known as Tactful Measure Bleach.

At King's Dominion I noticed the orange guy from fantastic four trying to work out his view on topical issues. He was trying to work out Thing's Opinion.

I was at Oakwood and I saw this guy checking out a female member of staff. I could tell by his facial expression that this Bloke Would. However she may laugh at his genitals, as his nickname given by previous girlfriends is Joke Wood.

At Lightwater Valley I saw this woman who had a very clever child. I refer to her as Bright Daughter Sally.

And finally, at Disney's Hollywood Studios I noticed a few garden tools/promiscuous women which needed to be cleared away by a female member of staff called Molly. I complained to the manager and told him that MollyShould MoveThreeHoes.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
My local amusement park is called Tibidabo but among employees we used to call it Tibinabo/Tibidabo ("rabo" or "nabo" is Spanish slang for "cock" lol).

PortAventura, we used to call it PorcAventura (which would translate into something like "Pork Adventure", although "porc" is Catalan slang for something dirty).

Isla Mágica is also known as Isla Trágica (Tragic Island), Warner Bros Park (nowadays Parque Warner) used to be referred as Warra Bros Park ("warra" is Spanish slang for "slut") and Terra Mítica, Perra Mítica or Quiebra Mítica ("Perra" is another Spanish word in slang to refer someone as a "bitch", whereas "quiebra" is "bankrupcy", which is rather fitting considering Terra Mítica has had financial problems since day 1).

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
mouse said:
Also when I was at Blackpool I noticed staff noting down amounts of cleaning liquid sensitively, known as Tactful Measure Bleach.

Hahaha!

When I heard about the RMC they were building, I was like Kolpardon?!

I wanted to buy a bit of ride tat, but the lady said they had Outlaw Run out of stock. She was Silver Dollar Witty.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Tragic Mountain (as stated above) is probably my most used. I've also used Craptor, Diamondstack, Intrimidator, and a few others I can't think of.

Just thought of one! Inhurtigo! :lol:

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I know a guy who operates The Ultimate, we're Lightwater Pally.

mouse

Giga Poster
^ I was talking to a friend of his the another day, she said his school teacher was a bottle of lemonade. She told me that Sprite-Taught-Her Pally.

Ben

CF Legend
mouse said:
^ I was talking to a friend of his the another day, she said his school teacher was a bottle of lemonade. She told me that Sprite-Taught-Her Pally.

Ahhhh hahahaha that is my favourite thing ever.

So obscure and so fab.

I was going to give it a go, but Mouse just wins the internet.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
The day I went to one of yorkshire's main theme parks and the ultimate was out of action, it was like "spitewater valley"

Oh - and the USlive day when el toro was closed - was "bull spite"

and Movie park was closer to movie parp