Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a cred? - A general discussion topic

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by ECG, Dec 16, 2015.

1. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    How about these Chinese "Rainbow Shuttle" things:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RCDB doesn't list them, but Coaster-Count does under "undefined". Well, they do now after I sent a couple of them in a while back. They're basically like a mini half-pipe. The only difference is that the power to propel them up the spikes comes from the car, not the track. You can see the power cables leading down to each car.

They're propelled up the spikes and then definitly coast back down, getting higher and higher with each launch. Like I said, in the same way as a Half Pipe, but with the launch coming from a different source. I count them since they feel the same but on a smaller scale.

I found these ones the other day in India. I'm assuming they're also Chinese since their other coasters are and they look/ride exactly the same:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Eejanaika
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
  3. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Wow, I remembered this thread was a thing - didn't realise it hadn't been touched for almost 2 and a half years though...

Anyways, went to Flamingo Land for the first time today, and I feel really dirty calling Zooom! a cred. It sounds stupid, I know - it clearly looks like a cred, right?

With dubious, non-powered, creds, I always ask myself one question - "Does it 'coast' upwards?". If it does, it's a cred, if it doesn't, then it isn't. And that always seemed to help distinguish things for me.

But Zoom doesn't coast upwards. You crawl up the lift hill, then you very slowly make your way back down to station level, hardly realising you're on a downward slant.

So yeah, my logic for trying to determine what a cred is has been thrown a bit out the window by this "obvious cred". Anyone else had this huge crisis, or am I just thinking about it too much?

4. Benenen

Benenen Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Wildfire (Kolmarden)
    Best Park:
    Islands Of Adventure
    Coaster Count:
    My vague rule is if it looks like coaster track and it coasts then it's a cred. So Zoooooom is deffo one and I'd also count Fuga de Atlantide at Gardaland but not Chiapas even though that has the airtime hill.

I was a bit stumped by Grand National last week though. I only rode one half of the mobius loop but I feel as though I've more ridden the coaster than not ridden it so I'm going to put it down as a +1. Felt a bit filthy counting Steeplechase as a +3 but rules are rules!

5. EndlessWire

EndlessWire Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Pleasure Beach
    The way I see it, if I've had a full cycle of a coaster on one particular structure (regardless of how many tracks are attached to that structure), I've had one credit. My way of counting means I count National and Steeplechase as one credit each as the different tracks don't for me give substantially different rides. Stampida is the tricky one for me because there is a significant difference in layout between them, but I'm still just about coming down in favour of calling it one credit .

6. Imagineer Josh

Imagineer Josh Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Voyage
    Best Park:
    Dollywood - CP
    Coaster Count:
    Okay, I need to hear opinions on two strange rides that I consider credits and others might not.

I haven't ridden either of the type; I'd count them, but would you guys consider Zipline Coasters...
    [​IMG]

...or Bayern Curves credits?
    [​IMG]

Sanchezmran likes this.
  7. NeoXIII

NeoXIII Best Newcomer 2016 CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Omg, Bayern Kurve!
    I haven't seen that one for like 18 years!
    Dunno if I'd consider it a cred, as it's pretty much like Slinky Dog in Disney?

8. CanobieFan

CanobieFan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Boulderdash
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Bayern Kurve, no. Six Flags New England had one until the late 90's, in the Riverside days, I rode the hell out of it.... And even as a child.... Before "credits" and counting.... Never did it cross my mind that it was // could be.... A coaster. But it was <3<3<3
    (Unlike say, a Zamp powered Dragon... As Canobie has one of those and again, in the same time frame // age // mindset, always 'felt' it *was* a coaster)