What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
Do we have an idea if it will be for spring 2019 or more towards the end of the year (sorry if its already mentioned somewhere or if its blatantly obvious!) But i'm getting more and more excited for this and wondering when is best to plan the trip over to FL to make sure I can get on it :D
I know its technically a family coaster.. but it looks epic already! Love a good mix of elements and launches in a coaster :emoji_ok_hand:.. i hope the launches pack a little bit of a punch at least :)

And thanks to everyone for all the updates! Really cool to see the progress.. I was there last September when they'd just started taking down duelling dragons (sorry, dragon challenge.. but i always preferred it as it was originally, ice & fire!) it was kinda sad to see it in pieces :( but its awesome to see how quickly they can turn it around and put something brand new there :)

Robbie

Hyper Poster
The new building looks more like a Cathedral to me, and the window is almost exactly the same as Kings College Chapel, which is in the grounds of Cambridge University. So probably a similar relation to this new building and Hogwarts.

Ethan

Strata Poster
The new building looks more like a Cathedral to me

It literally looks like any gothic building though?
IMG_0511.jpg

Cambridge_Kings_College_Chapel_2011_03-s.jpg

Trinity_Church_2.jpg

I don't think we're gonna have a clue what this building is for a long while. All we know is that it obviously has gothic elements, it isn't the Great Hall and it definitely isn't Fantastic Beast themed (fight me).

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Logically it's going to be part of Hogwarts. Wether that means it's part of the main castle, or more likely, just a building in the grounds (some sort of folly in the forbidden forest would be my best guess), I believe the ride will be based soley in the vicinity of the school. It could be a scene where you're racing through the forest, and crash into part of the castle (maybe into a classroom, or that room from HP1 with the constricting plant - hence the drop).

Ethan

Strata Poster
I do wonder whether the fly through from the window will be seen from the final brake run, or if the building interior will be split in a way that conceals each part from each other.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I know the theme is rumoured to be hagrids motorbike but anyone reckon there’s a chance it could be the flying ford anglia scene when Ron and Harry drive (fly) to hogwarts?

Edward M

Strata Poster
To theme it after Fantastic Beasts could be a huge mistake. Sure, it appears to be a huge franchise with tons of financial potential, but what if the next one flops? What would they do then? It would be like if Warner Bros had made a huge new Justice League ride starring Ben Affleck before Batman v. Superman came out. Sure, it seemed like it would be a huge success, but it was decidedly not. To theme the ride to Harry Potter in the Harry Potter land just makes sense. Someone on here said that Fantastic Beasts will likely be saved for the third gate, and I agree with that. Plus, a new Potter ride will sell as well, if not better, than a Fantastic Beasts ride.

Oh ya, and that it's flying through a **** window?!?!? Yaaaaaaasssss

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I know the theme is rumoured to be hagrids motorbike but anyone reckon there’s a chance it could be the flying ford anglia scene when Ron and Harry drive (fly) to hogwarts?

I hope not. Due to some legal complications, every piece of Harry Potter media that mentions that car - apart from the text of the books themselves - has to refer to it as a Ford Anglia every single time. Never "the car", or "the blue car" or stuff like that. Always "Ford Anglia" spelled out in full. I'm not even sure if they're allowed to use "it", at least it didn't feel like that in the narration for the second Harry Potter game. It gets immersion-breaking really, really fast.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
It literally looks like any gothic building though?
Well, no. It's cross-shaped, which would suggest large church or cathedral. Also the window of your first picture is clearly different, and your second picture is not a great example of buildings looking alike - it looks alike because it's the same building I posted!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There's a similar window in the Prisoner of Azkaban, but it's not exactly the same and it's has no major part of the series.
I can't think of another one outside of the great hall, which as others have said, is unlikely to be used twice so close to each other, unless it becomes enclosed and part of the Dark portion of the ride.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180910-220316_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-220316_YouTube.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 55

Kalistos

Mega Poster
I hope not. Due to some legal complications, every piece of Harry Potter media that mentions that car - apart from the text of the books themselves - has to refer to it as a Ford Anglia every single time. Never "the car", or "the blue car" or stuff like that. Always "Ford Anglia" spelled out in full. I'm not even sure if they're allowed to use "it", at least it didn't feel like that in the narration for the second Harry Potter game. It gets immersion-breaking really, really fast.

Really ? I didn't know that, that sounds funny ! :emoji_smile: Do you have a source talking about that ?

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
The park said summer 2019 opening, but that’s about all we know currently. Hopefully we’ll be hearing more within the next few months.
Ok cool thanks! :) Will plan a trip for halloween time next year then to be sure i get it ;) And i love all the halloween stuff at Universal :)