What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Alright, I have not been following along because the original rumors stated that this would end up being a powered coaster...this is a delightful surprise! The coaster itself looks great...add on Universal's impeccable theming and it will undoubtedly be an unrivaled experience.

Ethan

Strata Poster
So do we know whether the spike will 100% have a holding brake on it? There doesn't look to be any holding brake (or beginnings of one) on the spike as of yet?

Lofty

CF Legend
It is really odd, all rumours so far lead to a holding break before backwards drop I just can't see it happening, personally.

gabe

Roller Poster
I heard that they scrapped the holding brake idea a while ago. If you look closely at the track on the spike there’s no mounting points for brakes there.

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
I counted 5 or 6 launches from the video.
That would be awesome ! i'm so hyped for this! :D

Someone made a prediction layout in Planet Coaster:

If its anything at all like this.. its going to be so cool !! Looks like it won't have much speed though even with all those 'launches' .. but as a whole it sounds amazing! Super pumped for this ! :)

MOD EDIT: Please don't double post

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan

Strata Poster
If its anything at all like this.. its going to be so cool !! Looks like it won't have much speed though even with all those 'launches' .. but as a whole it sounds amazing! Super pumped for this ! :)

We've already discussed that the Planet Coaster "recreation" is pretty inaccurate in multiple ways. It's not going to be much like that tbh, the NL2 version is much more true to the real layout.

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
We've already discussed that the Planet Coaster "recreation" is pretty inaccurate in multiple ways. It's not going to be much like that tbh, the NL2 version is much more true to the real layout.
Sure i know thats just a planet coaster recreation.. just came across this forum for this ride so i read through lots of the stuff.. My comment stands for not just the PC recreation but all the track pics and other stuff.. in general I think the coaster looks awesome ! :)

Peet

Giga Poster
Welcome to Coasterforce! Good to hear you're excited for this new ride. Construction updates have been getting posted on here pretty regularly so it's a good place to keep up to date.

Matt N

CF Legend
What (in Harry Potter terms) is that building with the window then?
I think it's the Great Hall window.

I must say; even though this is allegedly a family coaster, it looks pretty thrilling and intense! The theming looks breathtaking too, as per usual with Universal's Potter areas! I absolutely love the Harry Potter franchise, so I hope I can try this out within the next couple of years!

As for the coaster itself, I personally reckon that we might be seeing something along the lines of a less intense Taron so to speak, and if it's done well, then I reckon it could potentially even top Hulk as Universal Orlando's best coaster, in my opinion! Intamin have produced some stunning-looking rides as of late, so I'm optimistic!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So Hogwarts is in two places in the park then? Hmmm.
Hmm, good point. I hadn't really registered that. It's there any chance they'll be able to tie the two together? I can't say I really know how far apart they are!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think it's the Great Hall window.

If that's what they're going for, they've cocked up already. The design of the window is completely different to that of the Great Hall's.

I don't think that it's part of Hogwarts at all, at least not the main building of it.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah that's what I was getting at - what other big building would it be (I'm not at all a Potter-geek so I wouldn't know).