What's new

Intricks construction and release area

Intricks

Strata Poster
Got a little update for ya. Not much else has happened. Trying to figure out the interaction and whatnot between everything. Started picking out the colors as well. Helps with visuals for me.

4way121217213735000.jpg

What is done so far

4way121217213814002.jpg

First of many interaction points

4way121217213804001.jpg

This works out PERFECTLY and was made completely by accident! Was trying to smooth it the other way and hit the wrong one, and the parabola just worked out right. No laterals or anything. Odd airtime FTW!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Hmmm....got inspired by the announcement of Banshee so I've decided to undertake a challenge and build an Invert. Not sprawling (as my previous attempts have failed....hard) but rather compact. More in line with the Batman clones and Oz'Iris. Here is all that is done so far:

82xt.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That element in the foreground is very unusual. Can we have more views of it please? If it looks and rides like I am imagining, it's amazing :p

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yea, it definitely rides properly (for the most part). I will be adjusting it further to make it smoother.

Expect a couple more pics of that element tomorrow.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Right, some more pictures of the unique element:

Overhead
9mak.jpg

Top of the lift
u1zq.jpg

Exiting the element
z2yx.jpg

Now, onto some newer pics! What I have done so far:

Low to ground turn into slight overbank:
1erf.jpg

Dive Loop and Vertical Loop (both hand built as well XD)
mtnp.jpg

Overview of current progress
jx5t.jpg

This will only have the 4 inversions. Immelman, Diving Zero-G, Dive Loop and a Vertical Loop. Not really sure just HOW to finish it, but I guess I will figure something out!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Whelp, I have my first (total turd) track done (finally)! Meet Absolution:

y0s4.png

A sprawling Suspended Coaster that starts high up on the mountain side before diving down to the lake below. I've added in tree's AFTER this screenshot so that you get an idea of the actual track (and the tree placement is terribad).

Download

As for my next project, well....something wooden and something that is going to hopefully not suck as bad as this does!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not a huge amount to say for this one, except that there were some pretty intense swings going on on a couple of the transitions. Not a bad thing, just don't know quite how realistic they are. :p

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yea, the swinging was WAY worse before I had a lot of it changed around after the midcouse (the turn shown was pulling 7gs on a wild swinging motion).

Intricks

Strata Poster
So, a bit of an update. Been kind of working here and there with NL2 and getting a slightly better grasp at this. As such, a small coaster has been formed! No name currently, still working on it, but happy with the layout. Just gotta figure out the supports for it is all really (yay for research!).

Most of the layout:
41j2kse43dnbpktfg.jpg

Dive itself:
2m9bxrew2ui2wyffg.jpg

Turn-around into Zero-G:
xm7dhc2vk42iggzfg.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is there some kind of big underground bend after the first drop? :p

Looks pretty nice, I'm a fan of the loop exit/turnaround/zero-g/tunnel shaping. Interested to see how it rides.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yep, a nice large underground turn is what you cant see :3 The whole last picture is beautifully worked (for me at least), and I think it sits true within realistic bounds from B&M. It rides smooth with forces barely tapping into red, although there may be at least 2 spots of snappage not seen in todays B&M.

Got it filmed up, just gotta edit it tonight after work and HOPEFULLY it will be up for your viewing pleasure.

This will eventually be up for download, but there will be a few more rides in there first, one of which I am currently working on as well.

Intricks

Strata Poster
WOmX9yc.jpg

I seriously never release anything anymore :lol: With the recent construction and following of Thunderbird, I have been inspired to create my own Wing coaster creation. Layout is a WIP but the colors are mostly stuck. The supports would be a stone gray color with the rest of the colors being two shades of an Emerald Green, a burnt orange, goldish yellow and a deep ruby red.

What do you so far think of the colors? Should I change one of them up or anything?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Or change the rails and or crossties. Like tomahawk, a cobalt or even a light grey would work.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk