What's new

IAAPA 2018

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Dr5FBH8WsAAPIxb.jpg

GCI have this insane model of a duelling coaster with a steel support structure for the lifthills and first drops, and are showing off a new train design - the Infinity Flyer.
Dr5FBIDWsAAv00T.jpg

Source

Steel structure corkscrews
http://instagr.am/p/BqIAj4bh_Wg/
image1.jpg

Source
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I love it. Come through GCI. Come throoooooooooooooough.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
GCI win the award for ugliest way to incorporate inversions into a wooden coaster. The track change is horrid. Not a fan of the lift hill either.

In fairness though, if it helps reduce costs, create a better ride experience, makes this more accessible to more parks, I'm not against it. But just, damn, it ugly.

Matt N

CF Legend
GCI win the award for ugliest way to incorporate inversions into a wooden coaster. The track change is horrid. Not a fan of the lift hill either.

In fairness though, if it helps reduce costs, create a better ride experience, makes this more accessible to more parks, I'm not against it. But just, damn, it ugly.
It might be one of those things that looks better once it's up than in the model, for all we know!

Also, is it only me getting Gravity Group vibes from the model?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
46245999_2046493982074041_8197699284968144896_n.jpg

Sent to me by a friend through FB Messenger so unsure of source.

As much as I'd love a British RMC, they'd better not touch Grand National....... At least redevelop the Bowladrome/impossible/Trauma Towers/Mouse area first.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I reckon they were going for minimalist look, and ended up with basic. Not great. The back of the seats looks really bad, they should have formed a proper backing so you can't see the textured side of the fibreglass.

I am glad it's not got OTSRs, and I do get the aesthetic they're going for (football helmet), but they don't appeal to me at all. True of almost the whole ride.

At least it's not ****ing red and blue, I suppose.

Only thing I do like is the exposed chassis and wheel assemblies, that's nice. :)

Snoo

The Legend
SO! We're on a lunch break. The show is really incredible fun. We'll be doing more Live stuff soon so if you have anything, keep an eye. :D

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
For reference the Dynamic Attractions concept for Malaysia is already mostly built at 20th Century Fox World (what used to be Genting Highlands)
The ride is themed to Sons Of Anarchy so I assume will use motorbike trains (some are shown in the video above)
SOA1.jpg SOA2.jpg