What's new

IAAPA 2017

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just going to add - S&S have not sold any Steeplechase rides yet.

Pear

Strata Poster
I thought M&V was finally gonna announce launched wooden coasters. I'm a bit disappointed but also a bit relieved at the same time.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I thought M&V was finally gonna announce launched wooden coasters. I'm a bit disappointed but also a bit relieved at the same time.
I didn’t bother posting anything from their announcement. For those who didn’t hear, they will be exclusive distributors in the USA for SBF Visa and Fabbri.

Not going to lie, it was a pretty weak show. All the big announcements were in Day 1 (as usual) and the rest of it was nothing new or virtual ****ing reality. It was fun to walk the floor (walked about 25miles in four days) and make connections, see some strange stuff and basically indulge in goonery but, on the whole, it was a bit poo news wise. Although I did see several park owners chatting at different booths and hear a few words of gossip (which I obviously can’t post in public).

ICYMI, here’s my round up: http://coasterforce.com/iaapa-2017-round-up/

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Is 40ft really the biggest rapids drop? Doesn't feel like it should be.

Highlight for me has to be the Time Traveller train.
Otherwise I agree, doesnt look like much interesting was going on.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
The Steepchase horses look so gooood.
My favourite thing from IAAPA this year though has to be the Virtual Reality flying simulator...just the fan in the face, it's amazing.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, the bird simulator was fab. So redic! I stopped in my tracks and exclaimed “what the ****?!” The company behind it is Birdly if anybody wants to research further!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
^I feel like Jurassic Park USS should be at least that. It's ridiculously intimidating for a rapids.
Can't find any decent stats though. Just the film wiki saying 'The vehicle is unloaded from the elevator and descends one of two ramps out of the building at a height of 40 feet'.