What's new

How to hide a Mack Spinner - Oriental Neverland opens

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A small one this but a nice little indoor park in China called Oriental Neverland has opened in Shaoxing, China.
Located between Ningbo and Hangzhou the park is located in a massive dome and features a decently themed and hidden mack spinner.

First up some regular park pictures from a few weeks before opening.

Kingdom1.jpg

Kingdom2.jpg

Kingdom3.jpg

Kingdom5.jpg

Kingdom4.jpg

Kingdom6.jpg

Kingdom8.jpg

Kingdom9.jpg

Kingdom10.jpg

Kingdom11.jpg

97c828f5289f5c1.jpg

11181591_991539.jpg

The parks one coaster is thankfully of western design and is a decent enough looking Mack spinning coaster. Here's some shots of the layout from early construction last year.

Mackspin3.jpg

mackspin2.jpg

mackspinner4.jpg

I wondered why i couldnt find any pictures of the ride after the park opened. Turns out they have basically buried it under some themeing. Although I'm unsure if it covers the entire layout post first drop it certainly covers a good chunk of it

Mackspin.jpg

eagle eyed readers will notice the spinner is visible in 2 of the pictures up top but the layout was covered in some odd wooden boxing during construction. presumably to protect it from debris.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Dat rockwork.

May not be the best coaster out there, but surely the way this is designed should create a pretty cool experience (I hope).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm really curious to see what it looks like inside the 'mountain' - I hope it's not just a big scaffolding structure with a shell on top, but rather some nice cave type theming.

I mean, I'm not really complaining, it looks pretty sweet from the outside!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hixee said:
I'm really curious to see what it looks like inside the 'mountain' - I hope it's not just a big scaffolding structure with a shell on top, but rather some nice cave type theming.

A bit like this beauty in the UAE then?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BD5JDfnmJs[/youtube]