What's new

How successful has your 2017 been?

Snow

Roller Poster
New credits - 16
New Parks - 2 (BGT, SFMM)
Number of days spent gooning - 4 (2 abroad, 2 at home)
Best new credit - Twisted Collosus
Surprising credit: Viper and Apocalypse. The former was decent when I expected it to be incapacitating, while the latter managed to shockingly rank as my 4th favorite at the park.
It's not much, but considering my two new parks are ones I managed to squeeze in on two unrelated family vacations, I'd say it was a pretty good year. Biggest disappointment would have to be that Shiekra was closed for routine maintenance at BGT. It's a shame it had to be the ride closed when we happened to be in Florida, instead of some random flat ride or kiddie coaster. Full Throttle and Green Lantern were also closed at SFMM, but that's fine as I'll surely be back there soon.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Not exactly sure about the stats (9 new parks I think), but for me, 2017 was unbelievably good! So many fond memories and incredible moments.

I was really glad to finally meet many goons at Astérix and during GhosterForce. I really enjoyed the warm atmosphere and relaxed but reliable organisation courtesy of @Ian during the trips. It was a fab experience that I for sure want to do again this year!

Other personal highlights of the year include:

- The exhilarating April night ERT on Taron with @Erdekraft
- Some of my GP friends getting addicted on Helix!
- Graying out so many times on Lech Coaster <3
- Meeting and interviewing senior professionals of the industry at EAS 2017
- Empty SFNE in the rain meaning chained rides on Superman <3
- The amazing food at Matamba Hotel and funny chat with @Howie @Sandman and others :)
- Rolling back with the car with @Rachel and @ATTACKHAMMER
- Finally meeting @Mysterious Sue . Was great talking about Chinese coasters too!
- The CF welcome by Mr. Leicht, his wife and Vanessa. So heartwarming <3

To a happy 2018 everyone! I just love being a part of this wonderful forum and community :D

Ireeb

Mega Poster
china.png

Sorry I could not resist.