What's new

How do you avoid stapling?

BBH

Giga Poster
After a recent failed avoidance of stapling on Raging Bull, I would like to hear how people avoid getting stapled on rides, particularly B&M hypers. It's not hard on RMCs because you can sell it with your legs back, but if your feet don't reach the floor on a B&M then how do you convince them?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I usually "push" my middle section out more. Or just generally put opposite pressure on the restraint. For woodies with PTC trains, I sit on my tip toes if that makes sense.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
Shove my bum forward and lean my back back to make sure it's up against the seat, then once the train has dispatched (never before and sometime the restraints will get rechecked) I shuffle back.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Exactly this, doing that quick scoot backwards once you're on the lift hill.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
st-25.JPG

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The good ol' bum forward, gut out technique works for me (the slouch position). It helps if you have a baggy T-shirt on to hide the gap between your arse and the back of the seat.

I guess I should put a disclaimer in here about always riding safely or something, but people are clever enough to make their own decisions and don't need to be nannied.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
For Boulder Dash and other PTC trains, I find putting pressure on the restraint holder (the bit that attaches to the car bosy) works well.