What's new

How bad are Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerangs?

DeathEater91

Roller Poster
I haven't been to a lot of parks. Honestly I have only been to Kings Island, Cedar Point, and Knott's Berry Farm. I have ridden a total of four Vekoma coasters. The only one I like is Inverting at Kings Island. I think I have a detest for Vekoma. Firehawk is extremely uncomfortable. Flying ACE Aerial Chase is okay but I can't count that I guess since it's a kiddy coaster. Boomerang at Knott's so far the worst steel coaster I have ever been on. I felt nothing but pain on Boomerang. I guess I do want to experience more Vekomas later next year when I visit more parks. I am really nervous about riding a Giant Inverted Boomerang. I have heard stories about riders having a rough time on them. Being thrown against the restraint while going up the 90 degree spike. That's something I would truly hate. Are they at least better than Boomerangs?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Depends. If they have the old huge Vekoma Restraints the ride is surprisingly comfortable and a lot of fun. If it has the New restraints like the one at SFNE has now it's worth a ride but you probably won't enjoy it too much.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
SFNE is the only one with the apparently awful trains. I haven't tried it, but the three regular ones I have done have been great. Probably the best cloned rides from Vekoma by a long way and MUCH better than the regular boomerangs.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I've only done the one in SFMM (just before it got shipped off to SFNE) and it was good fun, better than the two boomerangs that I've done so far (Prater and Walibi Holland, both are said to be amongst the best of their kind). Shame that they've now seemingly destroyed the ride with the new trains. :/

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
I did Goliath with the two different train types.

It was pretty good with the old trains. Unlike the other boomerangs, there's no head banging and the inversions/vertical spikes are pretty fun. But the new trains make it one of the worst rides I've done. It's very painful.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've only ridden Goliath @ SFNE and that's with the new trains and I liked it, so either the others are utterly incredible or there are a few whiney enthusiasts about.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Depends. I wouldn't really call them a 'true coaster experience' for some of the ride at least. If you don't like heights and drop towers, you might not like a GIB either. Having said that, they look and feel intimidating because of the very exposed feeling on the lift hill. The general public seem to lap them up.

AshleyScared

Roller Poster
I just rode Goliath at SFNE yesterday. It wasn't very bad at all. It kind of bangs your head around but not much, especially compared to Flashback which is right next door.

Will

Strata Poster
The only one I've done is Stunt Fall, which I thought was utterly vile. Definitely one to do once for the +1 and then take the chainsaw to it...
The ungodly lovechild of a boomerang and an SLC was how I described it at the time, and Stunt Fall definitely has the worst of both coaster types.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I've ridden two, Stunt Fall at Parque Warner and the cleverly named Giant Inverted Boomerang at Jin Jiang Action Park. I actually do quite like them, they're not as rough as a normal Boomerang for sure, more vibratey.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I've done Stunt fall and Goliath at SFNE (both pre and post seat change)

Pre seat change goliath was fab, stunt fall was pretty good, post seat change goliath is awful!

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Riding Invertigo at Kings Island is pretty good. A little on the rough side but made me sick for 30 minutes.

I loved it. ^_^

Sandman

Giga Poster
Last rode Stunt Fall 6 months ago. Having rode all the UK SLC's, I expected a mild headbashing, but it never came. Definitely one of the better Vekoma coasters out there imo.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Goliath at SFNE is awful, and the rest I've done (Jin Jiang Action Park, Parque Warner Madrid and Silverwood) are actually pretty good.