What's new

Holiday World | Cheetah Chase | ProSlide RocketBlast

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That launched water thing (odd, I had not seen that before) looks much more like a launched Divertical/Speed than an Aqutrax. The coaster bits on those water coasters are very lame compared to the "true" Aquatrax IMHO.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Aquatrax 2.0? Please. It's almost like you haven't seen Aquatrax 1.0... :rolleyes:

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, how does Atlantis Adventure actually ride, if anyone's been to Lotte World and ridden it?

Does it ride like Divertical? Or is it a little more intense?

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean, seriously mate. Do you THINK it looks like it would ride anything like Divertical? o_O

I haven't ridden it, by the way, but of course it's more intense.

That's like saying - I wonder what's more intense, Juvelen or Maverick...
I haven't actually seen a POV of Atlantis Adventure, to be fair...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The blueprints show a lift - you can see the A-frame supports coming off the straight piece of track to the left of the station.

I am beyond intrigued at this point. As people have mentioned, it could very well be an aqua-trax style ride or a family coaster like Firechaser Express, but from what we can see from the layout it could very well be an Intamin, Chance, or Mack hyper-lite...or dare I even say a RMC raptor?

One thing that I did notice when we were there on Sunday, which ended up being a surprise since I don't recall any news regarding it - the half pipe slide on Hyena Falls was removed sometime this past offseason, possibly due to its proximity to the splash pool.

Finally, I mentioned in my trip report topic that the overarching theme of the park's Thanksgiving section has to do with some lore that very few people know about. We all watched Thunderbird's teasers and were kind of baffled by this random thunderbird coming out of nowhere to save the pilgrims during the storm. As it turns out, this is a huge part of Native American legend - the thunderbird is viewed among various native nations as a god-like creator and protector of the earth and all its beings. That alone right there clears up how Thunderbird relates to Voyage and ties in to Thanksgiving...but there is a third part to this lore that's even more unknown. According to Native American legend, there is a water panther being that essentially acts in opposition to the thunderbird. Supposedly, it was this water panther that started the storm that almost ended the pilgrim's voyage to the new world with the intent of sinking the Mayflower. Judging by the cat themed teasers released so far as well as these blue prints showing the ride in the Thanksgiving section AND being positioned at the start of Voyage, it's quite possible that Holiday World is completing the trio to this lore with a water panther themed coaster.

Shoutout to @Youngster Joey for reminding me of all that went down during the 66 Days at Sea teaser campaign.

If you're interested in a bit more reading on the subject...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
The blueprints show a lift - you can see the A-frame supports coming off the straight piece of track to the left of the station.

Can you point this out? I can’t see anything that shows or resembles a lift and given the layout can’t see how they’d make a lift hill and first drop work that well. I guess the footer locations could suggest some elevated track in the straight after the station but more likely an airtime hill in my opinion.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Can you point this out? I can’t see anything that shows or resembles a lift and given the layout can’t see how they’d make a lift hill and first drop work that well. I guess the footer locations could suggest some elevated track in the straight after the station but more likely an airtime hill in my opinion.
1564189023741.png

HWliftanddrop.jpg

Red box shows where the lift is, blue box shows where the drop is, and the green circles show the A-frame supports that suggest that this is a lift, or at the very least, an uphill launch.

I dug up a photo that was taken essentially at the lower most point of the red box pointing essentially in the direction of travel of the lift/launch thing. At the point where the track intersects with Voyage, there isn't much space underneath the pullout and snuggled next to the transition into the last 90 degree turn, so the track will have to go over Voyage's pullout. In addition to two sections of Voyage's track, the ride coaster also has to jump the path - that ultimately translates to a big span for the ride to jump with little room for a launch.

Also keep in mind that this ride appears to be mostly situated on the side of the hill on which Thunderbird sits and which Voyage runs up and over.

1564406700739.png

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Thanks for the backstory on thunderbird. Knew it was a legendary bird but want sure how it was tied up with the pilgrim theme. Interesting.

More devils advocate stuff but didn't they say years back they wanted to reuse the pilgrims plunge station so this could be an old bit of concept art? Just saying. Did think it was eerily weird how intact the area was when I visited last month though. Just sort of caught my attention as it really is a weird gap in the park at the moment.

Cat stuff seems to point to splashin' safari though especially as they've just realised another teaser mentioning the word "slide" but that panther idea sounds awesome.

http://instagr.am/p/B0uMBzwJ_yd/