What's new

"Hellraiser" GCI Woodie, Complete! (Download P.1 )

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I started work on a Woodie yesterday. I finished the trackwork this morning and a bit more work needs to go into some of the banking as some of it isn't quite right yet.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures:

newtrack-081207115952000.jpg

newtrack-081207120011001.jpg

The colours aren't final. I very rarely chose the colours before I've finished the ride.

I'll update soon (I hope!) as I progress.

Comments Welcome!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It needs a little bit of work. At the moment the term "headchopper" is a bit to literal.

:lol:

It's not far off though.

Xpress

Strata Poster
A couple things.

Firstly, pretty much all the turns were banked properly. Why, I have no idea, as woodies normally are racked full of lateral filled turns.

There were some small pumps and bumps here and there, but whatever.

But, most importantly. SUPPORTS!! They were all insufficient in the turns. Woodies need good bracing in the turns, or the trains will rip them to shreds. Anyhoo, I'd say a nice 7/10 or so. Can definately use work around the supports.

Brookes

Giga Poster
There were quite a few pumps and jerks, but the layout was great, and the pacing was brilliant.

I'll give it 7/10. Good work Hixee!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^^Yes. I have to agree on the supports if I'm honest. The problem is, the Auto-Supporter doesn't do a great job. ;)

Ahh.... laziness... it's bliss....

A

Anonymous

There were some sections where the banking was a little jerky, and didn't really flow very well between turns. One section of straight track (near the end) wasn't straight at all.
Other then that really good work, nice to see that you have managed to squeeze so much track into that area.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The ride had a great layout and was well paced. The terrain was used very nicely as well. The banking was a little whack, especially on the drop, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

8.5/10

Xpress

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
The banking was a little whack

myself said:
Why, I have no idea, as woodies normally are racked full of lateral filled turns

This is to provide a sensation of being tossed around, how woodies were originally designed.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^What I meant by whack was, in a couple of pullouts, the banking seemed greater, and also the banking didn't flow as nicely as it could've. It wasn't consistent enough. There were also some spots where the ride unbanked and rebanked and it seemed like it didn't need to unbank that much.

A

Anonymous

looks very impressive, but i always seem to struggle putting in wooden coaster supports on no limits :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^There is an Auto-supporter.

Ctrl+R

Oh, and this topic is almost a month old, don't bother bumping again. You can use the Q&A topic to ask questions like that.